Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2020 Strouds. F*** Covid, f*** antifa, f*** lockdown, Strouds is happening. Like death and taxes.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Oh that nice of you to make them one too. 😅.
1602800700489.gif

Reactions: 5Cent and Sgt Fury

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Set my stand yesterday mid afternoon 35yrds east of a couple day old, fairly fesh deer scrape on top of a big ass hill with a good oak flat all around it.

I got settled in my stand early this mornin, about quater-til six. No sooner I sit down, i hear a deer just to my west near the scrape. Too early and too dark yet to tell what it was.

@7:45 a.m., I see a good buck coming up the hollar below me, from the south, hits the edge of private property just to my SE, then turns S-SE further away. He got as close as 60-65 yards. I would've shot'em if I had the chance.

Sticken around a bit longer this morning, perhaps until after the noon hour to see if he shows back up. He has no clue that I'm in the area.

Suppose to be a good day all day for hunting and not just because the weather. Prime-Times suggest it also.

Good luck to all the Stroud crew that's out hunting this morning.

Mid of top pic is where I got a real good view of this morning public buck.
20201016_095435.jpg
20201016_095610.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and I planned to come down for a visit tomorrow morning. Not gonna make it due to a last minute golf outing fundraiser for baseball. We don’t golf but he needs to attend.

Reactions: Wildlife

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Thanks to everyone!

I really needed this escape. It was awesome to see everyone.
Thank you Dan for all the breakfast. Thanks Denny for the deer roast it turned out great. All the food provided was spot on. Cannot say enough about it all.

Was a blast sitting around the fire and listening to Cotty play the guitar.

Look forward to the next one.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Had a great weekend spending time with friends and family! Ate and drank like kings and had my hands on some dandy glorious deer antlers as well! Congratulations to Dan on his first public land buck/deer this weekend and to Chuck for killing his #1 hit lister that was a STUD of a deer to boot. Also congrats to Adam on his doe and anyone else who got a deer.
The food was fantastic and the company even better! Safe travels to all on their drives back home. The weather was perfect for Strouds this year as well! Great time for sure.....👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻