Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2020 Summer Gathering Food and Attendance Thread

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Strouds causes ulcers and gastritis? What the hell do you guys eat there? [emoji23]

I've never had any issues with acid reflux, ulcers, or gastritis until Sunday of Strouds last year. @Beentown made his famous chimichurri shrimp and I ate a ridiculous amount, along with tons of other spicy shit, fatty food, and alcohol. I washed it all down with heavy doses of ibuprofen to stem off the hangovers. I was miserable for over a month after that. It was a recipe for destruction when it comes to your stomach. Lately, I've been on a spicy food kick, eating fatty foods, and drinking too much. It's back, unfortunately.

Ibuprofen can really mess you up internally, that and aspirin. Not saying that's your cause but when I used it very often for a few years that was when I had a lot of trouble and ended up in the hospital a couple times with a bleeding gut. I tried to blame it on spicy foods and cut them out a while but the Dr. assured me the meds were the likely source. So far so good with using it very very sparingly. Also found that the better you eat the less likely I needed things for headaches and stuff.

Reactions: 5Cent and Sgt Fury

Blan37

SW Ohio
Ibuprofen can really mess you up internally, that and aspirin. Not saying that's your cause but when I used it very often for a few years that was when I had a lot of trouble and ended up in the hospital a couple times with a bleeding gut. I tried to blame it on spicy foods and cut them out a while but the Dr. assured me the meds were the likely source. So far so good with using it very very sparingly. Also found that the better you eat the less likely I needed things for headaches and stuff.

My son had his wisdom teeth removed two years ago and was taking prescribed doses of ibuprofen. He ended up in the ER. vomiting blood and passing out. Talk about scary... They figure he wasn't eating enough food when he took it. It can definitely mess you up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5Cent and Big_Holla

Isaacorps

Columbus
Now if I can just keep from eating it before Saturday
1DEB6263-7329-4945-A5A4-685550F10C63.jpeg

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Sorry Everyone.... Something has come up out of my control. No way I can make it. Hate letting people down but there is nothing much I can do right now. Believe me, I'm pretty disappointed to say the least. If something changes, I'd be there, but not looking real good at this point. Again, Sorry for any inconvenience.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry Everyone.... Something has come up out of my control. No way I can make it. Hate letting people down but there is nothing much I can do right now. Believe me, I'm pretty disappointed to say the least. If something changes, I'd be there, but not looking real good at this point. Again, Sorry for any inconvenience.
Dang, sorry to hear that Rick!