Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Goals

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
1. Exit '21 a better man, by many measures, than I entered the year. I lost ground in 2020 and need to reverse that momentum. This is particularly important when it comes to my physical health.

2. Read more. I was pretty lazy with my reading in 2020. I want to get back to my one book a month pace.

3. Create more. I've failed at this for 3 years now. I want to write more, take more pictures, and do more podcasts.

4. Maintain my current work/life balance. I'm very fortunate to have a meaningful career that requires near constant engagement, but I shut it off at 50 hours and have done well honoring that commitment to myself and my family. I want to continue kicking ass at my day job, while maintaining the current balance that's working very well for everyone.

5. Within the parameters laid out in #4, I have lofty career aspirations and my goal this year is to solidify the anchor achievements that'll allow me to build upon my early success in my new position. I'm almost a year into what I figured was a minimum 10-year commitment. This year sets the tone for not just my time in this position, but for what I hope is next. If I'm ever going to work for myself, I need to capitalize on the opportunities in front of me today.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
1. Exit '21 a better man, by many measures, than I entered the year. I lost ground in 2020 and need to reverse that momentum. This is particularly important when it comes to my physical health.

2. Read more. I was pretty lazy with my reading in 2020. I want to get back to my one book a month pace.

3. Create more. I've failed at this for 3 years now. I want to write more, take more pictures, and do more podcasts.

4. Maintain my current work/life balance. I'm very fortunate to have a meaningful career that requires near constant engagement, but I shut it off at 50 hours and have done well honoring that commitment to myself and my family. I want to continue kicking ass at my day job, while maintaining the current balance that's working very well for everyone.

5. Within the parameters laid out in #4, I have lofty career aspirations and my goal this year is to solidify the anchor achievements that'll allow me to build upon my early success in my new position. I'm almost a year into what I figured was a minimum 10-year commitment. This year sets the tone for not just my time in this position, but for what I hope is next. If I'm ever going to work for myself, I need to capitalize on the opportunities in front of me today.

Awesome goals man! I have learned much from you over the years, commonly through observing the goals you set for yourself year in and out. Keep after them bud. Good stuff!

Reactions: bowhunter1023