Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Orange army

whitetailjunky3

06609C67-3C22-4D0A-AACF-148FA8B22059.jpeg

One down lunch time and heading back out!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
After Monday, the opener of gun week, there has been hardly any shots heard in my area and very few deer seen. I hunted Monday morning and evening, Tuesday morning and evening, and then last, Wednesday morning at my place. Like I said, since then, it's like as if nobody has been out hunting but I know that there are at least three others that are still hunting this weekend, and one of them provides me a daily E.O.D. report, and yesterday he texted me that he has not seen anything. All three of them hunted the same field I hunted last yesterday, which is the lower CRP field nearest to my home. That's typical behavior for the local deer herd around my neck of the woods. Once the human pressure gets to be over the top for them, and nearly all the honeysuckle leaves drop off this time of year, and the wooded cover truly thins right out, those deer head out of dodge for nearly 30 days. It's been like that for at least all the years I lived here going back to late 2015.

Come January though, they'll be back, usually all of them by the second week and then it starts all over again for the new year.

Good luck to all those that will be out hunting today!

Last edited: