Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Sheds

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Wont be long now, saw 2 the other day with one side dropped.
20210104_100258.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
This will be my first year ever to specifically make the big time effort to look for deer sheds within our area. The wife & I, along with my dogs will be spending plenty of time over the next couple of months looking for them. I hope to recover 'THUNDER'S' sheds if he still alive and in the area.

Good luck to everyone else and I will be following along, thanks!

Fletch

Supporting Member
Normally head out to Illinois every March, but don't think I'm going... Long drive, costs a few bucks and we never find many... Will put an effort here at home to find Casper's though...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have a basket 8pt that lost his right side about 2 days ago, I think he dropped the other side last night on camera but just where the darn hill drops off!! Wont be long now! I love walking for miles, getting torn up by briars and finding hardly any sheds haha! I am not that good at it but I enjoy every minute of shed season.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Anybody have any tips for a first time Ohio shed hunter? I mean it seems foolish to me to get in all the properties this off season that you know are holding big bucks just to smell it up for a week at a time but I’ve always wanted to shed hunt. Should I just look everywhere? Bedding areas? Thick shit? Where can I find these bad boys?!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Anybody have any tips for a first time Ohio shed hunter? I mean it seems foolish to me to get in all the properties this off season that you know are holding big bucks just to smell it up for a week at a time but I’ve always wanted to shed hunt. Should I just look everywhere? Bedding areas? Thick shit? Where can I find these bad boys?!
Only the fields and fence rows early as to not bump the deer out of the beds and area before the majority drop. Only if you know for certain a highly regarded target buck has dropped both sides and you have accurate intel of an area/bed they might be laying would I chance it to look in thickets in or around bedding but look quick but thouroughly then eliminate it and go back later. The majority of sheds hit the ground in early March and April here in the SW part of the state. Northern and SE seem to drop sooner. Many in my area carry up till greenup...😐🤦🏻‍♂️

Good luck and have fun! Be sure to take ATL pics before picking it or them up. It’s awesome when you find a set and are able to get them both in the same pic. Usually after you do your fist pumping is best time for pictures too.....😎