Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Turkey Season “Live”

Isaacorps

Columbus
All three of the birds that I had gobbling on the roost pitched down to the bottom of the ravine. Being the skeptic that I am, I assumed that the hens I heard down below were another hunter. Turns out I was probably wrong. The rest of the action that I heard was all either in the bottom or heading to the bottom. On my way out I stopped and walked into that bottom and it lays out perfectly. I can see why they go down there off the roost. I think I’ve got my plan for tomorrow morning. Assuming they roost where they were today, I might have a decent chance at them. Only question is, do I set out a lone hen decoy or 🤔.
2C2F294A-0EBE-48A5-9A8E-8A9B4F56A262.jpeg

whitetailjunky3

Slow morning here this morning. Seen a Tom strutting around 100 when I took my daughter fishing. That’s my luck. Back to work tomorrow a nice 13 day stretch. Will have to follow the action with you guys till I get out again. That is unless I sneak a Comp day in this week lol.

Reactions: MoonLab and Spencie

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Roost roosted 2 by one of our fields. I slipped into the blinds after work. They lit it up early and often. When they flew down I let out a few soft yelp’s on the slate since they didn’t fly into the field. They shut up for 10 minutes. Then gobbled 3 times. 15 minutes later something gobbled down and up the hollow. Good night.
I’m off tomorrow so it won’t be a short quick hunt. It’s now personal.