Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2022 dove season

Bowkills

Nw oh
How are the doves doing?? Just wondering.... i have noticed here if dairy farmers cut silage corn doves will vacate the wheat stubble if the cut corn is near, and it happens right before the season or soon after. 0 fields have been cut yet here.

Bigcountry40

How are the doves doing?? Just wondering.... i have noticed here if dairy farmers cut silage corn doves will vacate the wheat stubble if the cut corn is near, and it happens right before the season or soon after. 0 fields have been cut yet here.
I was just going to post that it’s slowed down, Went from a few dozen on the power lines to just two or three total

Last edited:

Bigcountry40

So the farmer sprayed the field across the street about a week ago and the dove activity has really slowed down and I am still seeing doves, but not like I did. I don’t know if it would worth a trip for anyone raveling over an hour, the hunting could be good on opening or slow , right now it looks like it will probably be slow. If it changes this week I will update. Anyone who would like to join still can, I just want to honest with expectations.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
So the farmer sprayed the field across the street about a week ago and the dove activity has really slowed down and I am still seeing doves, but not like I did. I don’t know if it would worth a trip for anyone raveling over an hour, the hunting could be good on opening or slow , right now it looks like it will probably be slow. If it changes this week I will update. Anyone who would like to join still can, I just want to honest with expectations.
Sometimes it’s not about the harvest, show up and enjoy the time together…. Either way memories will be made.

Done screwed up!!

1661884256397.png

Bowkills

Nw oh
Any change? Id still come up. Gotta be a few around. Just make shots count i guess haha. Im bad at the start of the season.

Bowkills

Nw oh
Sometimes it’s not about the harvest, show up and enjoy the time together…. Either way memories will be made.
Took this advise to heart and was not dissapointed. Good fun good people good food good laughs. 1st annual dove event was a fun time. @Bigcountry40 , I forgot to tell u i got my back shocked to shit on that electric fence! Sat there for 20mins waiting on flydown and then crack! About shit my pants!

Bowkills

Nw oh
.410 ammo? Do u guys see it in stores or still hard to get. My boy has an itchy trigger finger and my supply is about out...

Bowkills

Nw oh
Seeing it down here. Not a lot and it’s sky high, and most of its 2.5” not 3”.
I called a sportsmans warehouse which gets more stuff in than most places close to me but they havnt had any come in. Its a shame youth hunting with .22 and .410 ammo hard to come by.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I called a sportsmans warehouse which gets more stuff in than most places close to me but they havnt had any come in. Its a shame youth hunting with .22 and .410 ammo hard to come by.
Mines all rabbit loads, if I had some bird loads I’d get you a box. Hopefully you score some.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
.410 ammo? Do u guys see it in stores or still hard to get. My boy has an itchy trigger finger and my supply is about out...
I haven't seen any in stores but have picked up some boxes for my kids at auctions for reasonable prices. The gunshow prices were laughable this winter and spring.

The 2.5" are for the dumb pistols (solutions looking for problems).

Bigcountry40

Took this advise to heart and was not dissapointed. Good fun good people good food good laughs. 1st annual dove event was a fun time. @Bigcountry40 , I forgot to tell u i got my back shocked to shit on that electric fence! Sat there for 20mins waiting on flydown and then crack! About shit my pants!
Glad Mike came Saturday, my wife had friends in from Missouri and the boy and his dad did their first ever dove hunt (attempted). I had the the trailer hooked to the 4 wheeler to haul the hunters to their spots, good breakfast my wife made and a variety of beer, only thing misssing was the doves flying LoL. I walked about 5 miles trying to get the doves moving off the powerlines and away from the farmers houses, they would just circle or go the wrong way. Maybe next year.