Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2022 Solid water

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
My boy is home from college today so we went out on the pond and tried it for a while also. Got 2 crappies and a bass.

20220130_140519.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
4 trips on Erie so far. I was a lone soul spudding my way out off Catawba last Tuesday. The next day, there was about 50-100 others who had joined me. LOL. Then fished Friday and also Sunday. Never really tore them up but I caught fish and brought home fillets in every trip. Good start so far. Hopefully it can survive this coming storm… But after today’s ice floe movements, I’m not too confident she’ll hold on.

69324EC6-FEA4-43B6-8E9E-EAF10F635640.png

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
She got a black eye today even before I thought she would. I hope she holds on. JB, I know you're busy AF with the new edition, but we'll be icing saginaw eyes in a couple of weeks. Air bnb, we'll have cot space for ya.
Man that’s great to know. I’ll definitely keep that in mind. Send me a text or PM with some dates/info if you don’t mind. Thanks brotha. 🤘

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Looks like some folks learned an expensive lesson a few days ago. 18 people rescued off the ice on Erie.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like some folks learned an expensive lesson a few days ago. 18 people rescued off the ice on Erie.
Idiot out of towners (most likely) don’t know the rules for fishing Erie hard water. That, or they do, and they simply let their addiction of fishing override their better judgement.

It happens all the time and it’s really not that big of a deal. But unfortunately it’s giving all ice fishermen a bad rap and will likely lead to more loss of public access at some point.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Idiot out of towners (most likely) don’t know the rules for fishing Erie hard water. That, or they do, and they simply let their addiction of fishing override their better judgement.

It happens all the time and it’s really not that big of a deal. But unfortunately it’s giving all ice fishermen a bad rap and will likely lead to more loss of public access at some point.
Apparently there were 7 people last week that were hauled off the ice for the same reasons.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Hey wait a minute...CNN reported they were snowmobilers..... :rolleyes:

Ice fisherman surely would have more sense than crossing the crack on a day when the wind is 20mph out of the south...

Bigcountry40

We have a few members that live in Hudson I believe, Hudson is a pretty wealthy area with some people that are completely disconnected from the outdoors and outdoor activities, I think this is a great example of upper middle class suburbian's opinion of outdoor folk

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We have a few members that live in Hudson I believe, Hudson is a pretty wealthy area with some people that are completely disconnected from the outdoors and outdoor activities, I think this is a great example of upper middle class suburbia's opinion of outdoor folk
#savefishandprostitutes