Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2024 Buckeye Football Thread

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Holy cow! What an off-season already! With all the movement that's went on with transfers, fires and hires, we are absolutely stacked at the moment! Landing Downs is a cherry on top. Sure wish Day always managed things like his job was on the line!

1000007169.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Agreed. Lots of nice pick ups. New offensive coordinator as well? I know nothing about him but it is a change and we needed something different. Let's hope he works on the o-line. I'm not worried about the RBs and WRs.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Random thought for the day (pun intended), what would happen too the college football world, if Bill Belichick decided to try his hand at coaching. He’s already cemented his place in the pro history books. What would/could he accomplish at the college level?

Reactions: finelyshedded

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
But we still should fire Day, though, right?🤣
Too late now, but he saved his own ass once Vrabel was on the market by giving up OC duties. I wanted him gone a month ago, but that didn't happen and he's a good job of righting the ship so far. But 1,000% if he doesn't win the NC this year, he HAS to go. This team is far too good already to fall short.

Look at that D! And they don't even have CJ Hicks in the starting lineup. Setting themselves up to be the best D we've ever had, and maybe in CFB history.

1000007171.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Our O-line is going to be the weak link again without a couple of miracle transfers.
Agreed. Other than the kid from Bama that Joe was happy to see go, there's been nothing substantive done with the OL. Not sure if it's talent or coaching that's the biggest blame, but it's sure to be the ugly spot again.

Reactions: finelyshedded

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If it seems too good to be true. . . .it probably is. Currently, this looks like a team which "should" be unstoppable. I don't want to sound negative or pessimistic because I'm not, but. . . They had the talent to dominate this year and dropped the ball.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My dig or gruff with Day is his lack of discipline(penalties), time management, predictable and conservative play calling and coach or playing down to the competition kinda like Tresselball. Good to great coaches surround themselves with quality coordinators/staff and when they lose someone they replace or reload with quality and build upon it. I just don’t ever see Day being a dynasty type of guy but that’s just me. Till he starts winning the “Big” games against the “better” teams that will always be my stance. I hope he proves me wrong some day, pun not intended. lol

Reactions: giles and "J"