Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

23-24 Proposed Deer season changes

There is language in the House amended budget bill to move opening day of gun

The House budget would move the start of gun season for deer from the Monday after Thanksgiving to Black Friday. And it would modify the laws that govern how wildlife officers enter private properties. Officers would need a warrant before inspecting containers when they suspect illegal hunting and before searching private land. The exception to the latter would be if the officer obtained permission from a landowner.

Reactions: Tipmoose

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I love the need for a warrant and if they trim opportunity elsewhere, I'm alright with hunting on Black Friday other than it cramping my style with our big family Thanksgiving dinner.
You know they won't be trimming anything. The buzzword for DOW is Opportunity, and they have proven they will provide it even at their own long term costs. Opportunity doesn't mean a dam thing if it isn't good opportunity or sustainable opportunity.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wish they would allow rifles for the duration of what is now archery season. We have too many deer. I saw two just last week.

Eventually that'll happen and the DOW will still talk about how there hasn't been a decline because the harvest numbers are still the same. 😅

Jamie

Ohio
We have a four month long “deer hunting” season that allows you to use gunpowder for a couple of weeks. Archery season has been gone for about 20 years.