Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

3 year history

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Time to re-live what I dealt with in 2012 and 2013, hopefully with another happy ending. In 2017 my parents purchased a small 8 acre tract. Mostly pasture with thick scrub patches that secludes the back half. The first time I walked it, i didnt have high expectations, in fact I thought it was too close to the road. I had no desire to hunt it but I threw out some corn and a camera just to see what was there and entertain my parents what kind of critters roamed the area. Boy was I wrong, during the fall I sometimes get better pictures and movement here than I do my honey hole 80 acre wood lot I spend most of my time.

In 2017 I started having a few respectable deer show up, mostly at night. One being a tank of a 10 point with a drop tine at least 6 inches long, few 120s and this fella.

79210.jpg

He showed the most and made a few daylight appearances.

Fast forward to 2018. I shot my opening day buck and moved all my cameras to kentucky and didnt care to inquire this spot. I got burnt out on several trips to KY so mid december I moved all my stuff back home, hung a camera on my 80 acre lot and here so Joe and I could film a doe hunt. A day after hanging a camera at my parents... The years wrong, 2018.

IMAG0117.JPG

I told Joe to gear up as my tag was filled, but nature had other plans.
20181224_160857.jpg

20181224_134842.jpg

He shedded early, december 24th!? I feared maybe he was sick, worn down from rut? He eventually showed again with 2 holes in his head. During the summer this spot is usually inhabited by a doe and 2 fawns. Ive noticed with what little cameras I run here, the bucks start to show mid to end October. For the 3rd year in the row he made it back!

IMAG0666.JPG

IMAG1231.JPG

IMAG1233.JPG

I think it's going to take a perfect storm to catch this dude slipping up but I'm in it for the long haul. My best bets going to be post rut I believe.