Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

4/19 Stormy Day Gobbler

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
Downed this boy at 9am. Approx 1" spurs and a 9" beard. Could have been the best gobbling day I have seen in my 20 years turkey hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_1158.JPG
    IMG_1158.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1156.JPG
    IMG_1156.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 170

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Nice job Darron!! Since you connected on that nice bird in such crappy weather, we won't hold it against you for wearing "those" colors!! Just kiddin bud congrats!!! :smiley_clap:

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
I am not a Michigan fan at all! However, that is my lucky hunting shirt. Just about everytime I wear that shirt I usually take something home or come close.for example yesterday I didn't have it on and I did not get a bird, didn't even come close. Today I had it on and look what happened. I'll wear anything if it makes the gobblers come running :smiley_clap:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Nice bird Congrats.

I don't know that I could have stayed out in the weather we had here this morning so I applaud your ability to stick it out and turn some bad weather into a good day in the field.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Congrats on a nice bird! I love when they look like you drown them as apposed to shot then haha...had me one like that last year. Way to brave the elements.

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
Nice bird on a crappy day for hunting. What is the strory behind this bird? Where are you hunting and was he alone?

I was hunting in SW Ohio on private land. In fact, we just got permission to hunt the property (only 54 acres) last week (we hunt some other farms in the general area). I saw birds in it last night late and set up this morning. Had this bird come in alone.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Congrats!! Tough weather to be hunting in today, especially in SW Ohio. I was in Cinci today and there was flooding everywhere.