Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

450 Bushmasters and Muzzle Breaks???

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Ive got a 300 win mag and a 338 win mag. Muzzle brakes on both of them. Wouldn't shoot em otherwise. The 300 was made by ultralight arms and weighs about 6-7 lbs with scope. Its like shooting a 270 with the brake.

I used to go to an indoor range in NC. I always took the 338 with me even when I didn't plan on shooting it. Why? Because, invariably, some punk with his new AR would set up right next to me, even though there were ten other stations open, and rain brass on me while I'm trying to site in my Hawken.

Some of the biggest fun I had with that 338 was touching it off and seeing how long it took the kiddies to move two or three stations away. I think four rounds was the most it took. Then it was back to the Hawken.

Fletch

Supporting Member

Attachments

• 24A32842-FF83-45FC-8D6A-219923B8DE95.gif
    24A32842-FF83-45FC-8D6A-219923B8DE95.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 111

Fletch

Supporting Member
So same cousin that brought his Ruger 450 over a week or so ago texts me last night that he picked up a Henry 450.... Nice looking gun with no muzzle brake... Now I gotta see who can get me one here in Jersey....Only a single shot but that's all you need....

Reactions: Big_Holla

Fletch

Supporting Member
I get the Henry email all the time and their 450's and 350's are beautiful guns!!
Yup.... ( Was gonna say Yeh or Yeah, but the spell checker is not around to correct me )..:ROFLMAO:
At any rate I'm a fan of a nice wood stock...

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wildlife nailed it. I was of the belief they are more for quicker target acquisition on follow up shots. As in, the barrel doesn't rise as high during recoil.

Everyone else was correct too. They sure can make them loud. I have a 223 with muzzle break that is nearly uncomfortable to shoot. Even with hearing protection. Loud sucker.

You have an AR with an abnoxiously loud brake. Loudest I've ever experienced. I remember you shooting it at Mingo one year.

Reactions: jagermeister

Bnew17

Love my 450. I dont really notice a difference in it and my other deer rifles (7 mag, 308, 270) in terms of how loud it is and recoil, but man does it pack a punch.

Reactions: Spencie