Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

50 years too late

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hey Joe - big migration of whites and blacks to the northeast for jobs - now things have turned to shit - how did this happen? - jobs go n overseas or what - now people are leaving - seen first hand the decay of Cleveland, Ytown, and Akron

That's what I think. I wrote on here some time ago in an Axe head thread about the many different patterns of Axes. They were all designed to satisfy the local needs depending on the type of trees and climate. In the late 1800s this changed with the distribution of stable transportation, namely rail transport. . From there Industrial factories in big city centers could produce the items cheaper, local hardware stores started to carry them because it was a simple order system. The days of the blacksmith made axe was gone. As a blacksmith with no local work they took their skills to the only place they could. That big factory that was making axe heads. The same has happened with the shipping transportation boom that is large container ships from other countries. Except for this time the people can't follow the jobs and the money leaves the country. So here we sit 50 years after the boom of container ships with deteriorating infrastructure, minimal manufacturing, and cities that are turning to shit.

This is why its important that we produce a highly educate society and transform the job market to the manufacturing in the science, engineering and technology sectors. China will always be able to produce cheap crap easier than we can. What we have to hold in to is the upper end of that industry or we have no hope. Sadly countries like China, Japan, and Korea are kicking our living ass in these departments today.

We are a rare breed, and unfortunately are becoming few and far between so it seems. I personally think it's cylicle. History repeats itself to those uneducated, and we live in a highly uneducated society in my opinion.

Take a look at this cycle. If 12 o'clock is us being in bondage to England? Then where are we as a country now in this cycle in your mind?View attachment 106811

This was made by a Scottish historian Alexander Tytler in the 17th century.
This is amazing! Thanks for sharing

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Time changes things. We always look back and say damn what a great time it was or would’ve been living back then.

Only god knows when our time is up. It’s up you yourself and try to live the best life in the given time. I was raised where no one will give you shit, don’t hold your hand out and work for you needs and wants. Also help others that need help that are doing the right thing but fell on hard times.

My son said he wished he was born when we were born. That’s because we try to live happy and don’t bitch when the chips are down, we just push through them.

So w change, we hate change but must adjust because it’s gonna happen anyway. Live today, as you see fit and don’t look back.