Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

80 and a wake up

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Umm? You? And with good reason I might add. I would be looking forward to it too TF!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Your are going to be doing a "live" hunt for us poor folk right? I would be totally jacked. My elk hunt is in the air right now. With the jump in airline prices, my buddy who I am going to see is going to London now during that time...we will see.

Beentown

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Your are going to be doing a "live" hunt for us poor folk right? I would be totally jacked. My elk hunt is in the air right now. With the jump in airline prices, my buddy who I am going to see is going to London now during that time...we will see.

Beentown

I've been told that they don't have internet where we'll be at, but that we an run into town and use the wireless there. Either way I'll have a hunting story laid out for ya when I return.

You taking your trad bow?

Yes I will be using a "Real Bow"..... (que: Thunder)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
TF? Is it really you? Glad to see you are alive and kicking! I hope you have a better bear hunt than you could ever imagine.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Glad to see you back TF.

I hope you have a blast on your bear hunt and bring back a brute of a bear, stories, and a bunch of cool pics for us to look at :D.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Glad to see you back on the boards TF. Hope you kill Yogi bear because he really sucked in the movie. :smiley_crocodile:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
This post is worthless w/out pictures... Just sayin.... Good God man!!!! Good luck and we'll be waiting for the posts when you can....

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
27 more days to go.

I've set up a shooting range in our maintenance bay. The MP's told me I can't have my bow here so I'm shooting covertly. With the 50 pound bow I'm pretty darn consistent out to 20 yards. Last week I broke out my 57@28 Kiabab longbow. I want to get used to the weight so when I get to AK I'll be comfortable with my Alpine which is the same draw weight, but A LOT smoother in the draw. Well I'm happy to say that I'm shooting this bow at 25 yards and doing good. I should be shooting at 30 in a week or so which is about 15 yards further than I need to be. The Kiabab can sure "shit a shaft" (it's FAST). The performance is very similar to my Alpine too.

Mom has already mailed my bow and it's in AK. That bow has literally been all over the world and has been a friend on many of my adventures. I really need to come up with a catchy name for it, but we'll see how that goes. Mom also mailed me some hunting clothes and even took the time to dig out my bug tamer suit.

I'll be hunting with the bear arrows that Geezer and Mully made me back in 2007 while I was in Iraq.

I'll be leaving Iwakuni the morning of the 27th and catching a bullet train to Osaka. From there I'll fly to Seattle and then to Fairbanks. I'll be arriving the same day I left (crossing the date line) and I think my friend plans to head to bear camp that same day. It's gonna suck, but dude I'm going to Alaska so who cares!!!

Peyton has no on screen celebs in camp, but Lee and Tiffany's camera man "Ned" and is girlfriend will be there.

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Sounds incredible, man. Glad you're getting a much needed vacation. I can't wait to hear about it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
27 more days to go.

I've set up a shooting range in our maintenance bay. The MP's told me I can't have my bow here so I'm shooting covertly. With the 50 pound bow I'm pretty darn consistent out to 20 yards. Last week I broke out my 57@28 Kiabab longbow. I want to get used to the weight so when I get to AK I'll be comfortable with my Alpine which is the same draw weight, but A LOT smoother in the draw. Well I'm happy to say that I'm shooting this bow at 25 yards and doing good. I should be shooting at 30 in a week or so which is about 15 yards further than I need to be. The Kiabab can sure "shit a shaft" (it's FAST). The performance is very similar to my Alpine too.

Mom has already mailed my bow and it's in AK. That bow has literally been all over the world and has been a friend on many of my adventures. I really need to come up with a catchy name for it, but we'll see how that goes. Mom also mailed me some hunting clothes and even took the time to dig out my bug tamer suit.

I'll be hunting with the bear arrows that Geezer and Mully made me back in 2007 while I was in Iraq.

I'll be leaving Iwakuni the morning of the 27th and catching a bullet train to Osaka. From there I'll fly to Seattle and then to Fairbanks. I'll be arriving the same day I left (crossing the date line) and I think my friend plans to head to bear camp that same day. It's gonna suck, but dude I'm going to Alaska so who cares!!!

Peyton has no on screen celebs in camp, but Lee and Tiffany's camera man "Ned" and is girlfriend will be there.

The really suck ass part is, when you fly from Osaka to Seattle, you'll fly damn close to Fairbanks. But then you have to land in Seattle and fly 30% of the trip back the way you came, just to land on something you flew over. lmao... Keep us posted man.. I hope you knock a big one down. :)