Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A lil baseball clip of myself :)

rrr

Keep your eye on the ball, point your hips, and keep swinging, you will hit one eventually...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Couple of those had a decent turn on it. What HS do you go to?

Let it get you through college if you can. Just don't let anything get to your head. It can end as fast ast it starts.

Beentown

Couple of those had a decent turn on it. What HS do you go to?

Let it get you through college if you can. Just don't let anything get to your head. It can end as fast ast it starts.

Beentown
The batters did have some nice cuts just no solid hits. I go to a small HS in NW Ohio :) I signed with Ohio Dominican.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Ohio Dominican. Good school but expensive. Thank your parents ;) I know someone who played 3rd for the Panthers :smiley_coolpeace:. You better practice your "In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." Don't forget to start the cross with the forehead. Good DII school.

Beentown

Ohio Dominican. Good school but expensive. Thank your parents ;) I know someone who played 3rd for the Panthers :smiley_coolpeace:. You better practice your "In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." Don't forget to start the cross with the forehead. Good DII school.

Beentown

Thank god for scholarships lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff there, man. For a high school pitcher, I said your curve, slider, and two-seam fastballs are excellent. Work on your changeup because that's one of the most effective pitches you can throw. Get some sick inside movement on it and you'll be untouchable. Have you had a radar gun pointed your way yet? Based on the video, it looks to me like you're close to hitting mid-80's... which is damn good in H.S. After your first season through college, expect to add 3-6 mph on your fastballs... good mechanics and weight training go a long way. Good luck with Ohio Dominican!... especially if you ever have to face my alma mater Heidelberg University. We played OD a couple of times during our spring trips. Heidelberg's ranked #1 in the country right now for DIII, by the way. :)

One piece of advice for you: Whatever you do, don't let your education take a back seat to the ballfield. It's easy to let happen in college sports. The dedication required to play college ball is light years above and beyond that of high school ball... it's like a job that you don't get payed for. During the spring, you're gonna end up missing a LOT of class... so keep your nose to the grindstone as best you can, because in the end it's your education that's probably going to pay your bills, not the baseball. Keep up the great work!

Good stuff there, man. For a high school pitcher, I said your curve, slider, and two-seam fastballs are excellent. Work on your changeup because that's one of the most effective pitches you can throw. Get some sick inside movement on it and you'll be untouchable. Have you had a radar gun pointed your way yet? Based on the video, it looks to me like you're close to hitting mid-80's... which is damn good in H.S. After your first season through college, expect to add 3-6 mph on your fastballs... good mechanics and weight training go a long way. Good luck with Ohio Dominican!... especially if you ever have to face my alma mater Heidelberg University. We played OD a couple of times during our spring trips. Heidelberg's ranked #1 in the country right now for DIII, by the way. :)

One piece of advice for you: Whatever you do, don't let your education take a back seat to the ballfield. It's easy to let happen in college sports. The dedication required to play college ball is light years above and beyond that of high school ball... it's like a job that you don't get payed for. During the spring, you're gonna end up missing a LOT of class... so keep your nose to the grindstone as best you can, because in the end it's your education that's probably going to pay your bills, not the baseball. Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I threw the change 2 times there, and I agree it is a great pitch. In that video I sat 85-86, touching 87, I got a source too lol: http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=286715 , I visited Heidelberg because they were one of the first schools to contact me about playing college baseball. It was a really nice school, the coaches were great, and I even enjoyed watching their practice. Couldn't of gone wrong if I went there, it's just cause the fact that they're DIII I couldn't get athletic money.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks! I threw the change 2 times there, and I agree it is a great pitch. In that video I sat 85-86, touching 87, I got a source too lol: http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=286715 , I visited Heidelberg because they were one of the first schools to contact me about playing college baseball. It was a really nice school, the coaches were great, and I even enjoyed watching their practice. Couldn't of gone wrong if I went there, it's just cause the fact that they're DIII I couldn't get athletic money.

I completely understand that, man. When it comes to paying for school, you have to take every extra penny you can get! OD is a solid baseball school so I'm sure you'll be more than happy there... good luck!