Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A video I made a couple years ago.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice vid Steve! I still need to get over there and check out that shop! Maybe this winter we can try to call some coyotes together and finish it off with a cold one in your shop or mine. Tim might come over just to help empty the fridge! lol

Buckrun

Nice vid Steve! I still need to get over there and check out that shop! Maybe this winter we can try to call some coyotes together and finish it off with a cold one in your shop or mine. Tim might come over just to help empty the fridge! lol

Sounds like a plan. Im sure Tim would help with a few cold ones.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He's been known to do so. He got me a little more "buzzed" than I wanted to be a few years ago at Mid-Ohio Vintage Bike Days. lol

badger

*Supporting Member*
Steve, I've ran my share of mink boxes/cubbies and they work great for rabbits, coon, and possum. I've yet to connect on a mink in one though. It's been my experience that you are better off with blind & pocket sets for mink. It seem's to me that we have the same urge to tinker with stuff like this. I'm sure I'll be trying something similar in the future just to see "what if I do it this way"

By the way, I wonder if you ran the small rbg's inside the pvc, or a small snare instead? :smiley_chitchat:

Buckrun

Steve, I've ran my share of mink boxes/cubbies and they work great for rabbits, coon, and possum. I've yet to connect on a mink in one though. It's been my experience that you are better off with blind & pocket sets for mink. It seem's to me that we have the same urge to tinker with stuff like this. I'm sure I'll be trying something similar in the future just to see "what if I do it this way"

By the way, I wonder if you ran the small rbg's inside the pvc, or a small snare instead? :smiley_chitchat:

What is rbg?

I supose if you used a snare you may only catch a mink that could crawl all the way into the tube.

I have a bunch of square tubing and springs to try to make my own dog proof coon traps. I think ACK posted some pictures on how to do it on another board.

Buckrun

He's been known to do so. He got me a little more "buzzed" than I wanted to be a few years ago at Mid-Ohio Vintage Bike Days. lol

We didn't drink to much this year working in the garden. But last year we really put some away! He said many times it was the most productive he has ever been drinking beer.lmao