Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

About time!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just found out one of my regualr customers is a big time trapper. They caught 9 coyotes today alone! I'm gonna drag his butt up to Fayette Co the first part of February and enlist some help killin em off!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I think you guys are right, I gotta save it somehow. If I'd have shot it with an arrow, I'd have mounted it. As is, I think I will get it tanned.

That would make a hell of a good lookin' loin cloth Brock. Your wife wouldn't be able to resist you. That's the route I'd go.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
He does a lot of "wholesale work"... sells to museums and other taxidermist, etc. That guy has a market for about everything dead it seems. Funny thing is he normally shoots about 20/yr off a pile of scraps and doesn't even keep them. He said with this one being such a rare color and size for a female (41lbs), it would sell quick.

Thunder Bay Taxidermy ... if you ever get a unique one, it might be worth getting in contact with him vs selling to a fur buyer.

I didn't sell it to him btw. I figured I had a good story with it so I'll just keep her.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks! It is a pretty one, and I would have mounted it if I had a good place for it. As it is, just getting it tanned. Should make a good chew toy for our pup.... Gosh I hope that doesn't happen!:)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I was told once that the Red, Black, real light Beige and White are ones to keep whole until you talk to a few Taxi's about selling. Never tried it but sounds logical. Good Choice Brock.....I'd keep it for sure.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I had never given it any thought, Rick. But I will promise you, if I ever get another that is colored a little different, I will get with him to see if I need to sell it. I was really surprised that it was apparently so rare and of value.