Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Adventures With Purpose

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
I started watching them last year . They do good work and the cold cases are awesome. However one thing that irritates me some and they are getting worst at is the grief they give local law enforcement over who's better and who can do what. Some of it I get , there are definitely back pedaling departments and some that don't put the effort in. But the majority do everything they can and then get slammed about how easy adventures with purpose found x y or z. That press conference yesterday was hard to watch. Those reporters were definitely pushing blame at law enforcement for not finding the girl right away like Adventures with purpose did. Adventures with purpose do a great service for the people that's no doubt. But I can't stand when they gloat about it... Not the time nor the place. They specialize in one specific thing and that's all they do , law enforcement are stretched to their max with things to do and don't have specific training like these guys. They're to busy getting defunded by the same people that want instant results from them. Like I said not bashing what adventures with purpose does it's absolute amazing , just don't like the constant gloat and blame on law enforcement as a whole. As said , some departments and officers are garbage I won't deny that but the majority is not the same . They are good people like us wanting to do their job and help but have limited training and resources.

Reactions: Mike

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I started watching them last year . They do good work and the cold cases are awesome. However one thing that irritates me some and they are getting worst at is the grief they give local law enforcement over who's better and who can do what. Some of it I get , there are definitely back pedaling departments and some that don't put the effort in. But the majority do everything they can and then get slammed about how easy adventures with purpose found x y or z. That press conference yesterday was hard to watch. Those reporters were definitely pushing blame at law enforcement for not finding the girl right away like Adventures with purpose did. Adventures with purpose do a great service for the people that's no doubt. But I can't stand when they gloat about it... Not the time nor the place. They specialize in one specific thing and that's all they do , law enforcement are stretched to their max with things to do and don't have specific training like these guys. They're to busy getting defunded by the same people that want instant results from them. Like I said not bashing what adventures with purpose does it's absolute amazing , just don't like the constant gloat and blame on law enforcement as a whole. As said , some departments and officers are garbage I won't deny that but the majority is not the same . They are good people like us wanting to do their job and help but have limited training and resources.
Did you see the NC episode where the police screwed the pooch? I can see their point as well as what you said. The guys know their shit, and are a good tool for law enforcement agencies who don’t have the resources…. Bottom line it’s about how too get closure for the families not feed the egos of those involved in getting them there…..

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Yeah I seen that one. Like I said they definitely encounter some shit departments and straight up dicks with badges for sure. But yes the closure is the important part. I think the longer they do it they will definitely become a more go to tool for law enforcement and I think they will learn to work together alot better

Reactions: "J"

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Anyone that is interested in improving in any facet is wise to look to those that do things better. I can promise you, if I were looking for a body and someone waltzed in and found it, I’d take notice of what they did differently.

Creamer

Athens
Their videos are addictive. It's crazy how accurate and detailed the modern electronics can be for applications like this. There was one of their videos that blew me away from Florida when a car was barely under the water but not visible to the naked eye. I think the top of the car was like 18" underwater and it could not be seen from above. Just crazy that a car could stay hidden that well for that long with hardly enough water to cover it up.

Reactions: "J"

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort