Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Afganastan

Hunter II

Did you really think we were going to change anything? The only way to tame the middle east is to change the culture and the only way to do that is to eliminate it.

We went there to kill a bunch of people because they killed a bunch of ours. Unfortunately we didn't kill enough of them so we will be back there again someday to kill a few more.

Jamie

Ohio
Deal to withdraw was made by previous administration. Over 2000 Americans died and over 20000 Americans wounded.
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
so we should have left boots on the ground there for another 20 years? forever? peace was brewing in the middle east through economic incentive without more Americans dying in the process in lieu of policing the region and putting American troops in harms way. out the window now with the laughing stock of the entire planet occupying the Oval office now

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Did you really think we were going to change anything? The only way to tame the middle east is to change the culture and the only way to do that is to eliminate it.

We went there to kill a bunch of people because they killed a bunch of ours. Unfortunately we didn't kill enough of them so we will be back there again someday to kill a few more.
No I never did. Just a comment on current events. We went there because of the 9--11 attack. We screwed over Russia there so Russia screwed over us. I agree that we will be back - hope its quick next time

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Our military and civilian leaders have forgotten how to win a war. The soldiers win every battle but the wars are lost.
Exactly. The days of Ike, Mac, and Patton are long over. Today's generals are more concerned with their personnel file and keeping Washington happy than they are winning a war. They're nothing more than politicians with fancy uniforms.

Geezer II

portage county oh
Exactly. The days of Ike, Mac, and Patton are long over. Today's generals are more concerned with their personnel file and keeping Washington happy than they are winning a war. They're nothing more than politicians with fancy uniforms.

Yes sir - and don't forget the $$$$$$$$$$ on a protracted "war" - shit started with Truman dumping McArthur in Korea

Geezer II

portage county oh
They’re for the most part yes men…. Looking forward too the contracting job or advisor job after retirement…. 4 stars don’t get there by making their opinions known too the folks above them…

All the senior enlisted men and officers I served with had combat experience in either WWII or Korea or both. They treated us rookies the best - do your job and they had your back. New officers and tech/gunnies not so much. I screwed up a couple times and my gunny told me in a calm manner "whats what" then said "consider yourself chewed out" - dam lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackalope