Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Afganastan

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
40E6CC2D-7BF0-4311-950E-133FB73E6A24.jpeg

Reactions: Smawgunner2

Stressless

Keene, OH
The Dept of State is THE major cause of the uprising in Iraq and this Afghanistan debacle US AID worked with the loony leftists that worked in that group at the US Embassy in Kabul and Islamabad... F'ng clowns thought a STRONG central Govt was the Answer (Think the Fed instead of States Rights) and that's how they tried to shape the Afghan tribal areas.... totally against the federalist papers thought on how our country should operate - but how our country currently does... Thank the Obama and the Dems for installing Hillery into the SecState and her removing competent rational leadership.

To Biden and the clown show individuals at the Senate and Congressional leadership positions. They do not the represent the American people.

Uncle_Sam.jpg

The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is an independent agency of the United States federal government that is primarily responsible for administering civilian foreign aid and development assistance. https://www.usaid.gov/

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Afghan allies? Interpretors and similar is my understanding. Then again, I don't understand half of what is going on over there.

Reactions: Geezer II

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Help me out here.... why did we turn over Bagram air base? Why are we leaving behind vehicles, helicopters, weapons of all sorts? We were concerned that the AK’s every Afghan has are getting antiquated? Who the heck orchestrated this mess? I’m not of the belief this was all a mistake. I’ve thought since the Clinton administration that our politicians have worked mighty hard AGAINST the betterment of this country- this is yet another glaring example of that.

Help me out here.... why did we turn over Bagram air base? Why are we leaving behind vehicles, helicopters, weapons of all sorts? We were concerned that the AK’s every Afghan has are getting antiquated? Who the heck orchestrated this mess? I’m not of the belief this was all a mistake. I’ve thought since the Clinton administration that our politicians have worked mighty hard AGAINST the betterment of this country- this is yet another glaring example of that.
Supposedly it was left behind for the Afghan army to use and was supposedly their responsibility to secure the air base......supposedly.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you listen to the media: this equipment is left behind for the Afghans we trained to use it. They are supposed to use it to keep themselves safe.

Read between the lines and I think you summed it up well Mr Brock. If they cannot defend themselves as we are pulling out. . . .who will quickly be in possession of said equipment? Taliban, Isis, and similar.

Reactions: Big_Holla

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Supposedly it was left behind for the Afghan army to use and was supposedly their responsibility to secure the air base......supposedly.
Every person I’ve seen speak on the matter with some intel background, said it was absolutely obvious this was going to happen. Meaning our “government “ left this stuff for the Taliban. They are using the story that the Afghans are cowards as an excuse for this material being in Taliban hands now. No way this was an oversight.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Every person I’ve seen speak on the matter with some intel background, said it was absolutely obvious this was going to happen. Meaning our “government “ left this stuff for the Taliban. They are using the story that the Afghans are cowards as an excuse for this material being in Taliban hands now. No way this was an oversight.
Biden ignored the intel, he wanted out of there…. He keeps saying it was Trumps deal, well then why didn’t you leave by the original date Trump set as May 1? Biden extended it too Sept 11 then got too much flack and upped it too Aug 31. So why not push it out until all the evacuees were out then?
Bagram should have never been left for the Afghans too secure. Not until all were outta the country…..

Reactions: Big_Holla

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I really hope y'all don't believe this was just a simple mistake by the commander in chief in charge? I agree that he looks as if he's totally incompetent.

We are the most sophisticated country/military/intelligence capturing/gathering capability on the planet, hands down!

Again, it is of my belief that this was a deliberate plan for a certain outcome, whatever that maybe, but surely NOT for the best interests of United States, Americans, or those considered allies/friends.

That goes for everything else. Many have posted the memes regarding the open southern border, inflation skyrocketing, delta venerate, vaccine mandates, mask mandates, public school threatened to shutdown once again, so on and so forth as just a few of examples.

The person in the top seat of our country is not our friend. That person and those that put him there are our enemies. It's that simple!

Now, I'm sure I'll be labeled as an extremists after the last couple of posts and/or opinions I just shared. That's fine...

It is horrible and difficult to watch and hear what is happening currently for me, here within our country, and for those Americans that are in arms way outside our borders.

I'm a Christian man and maybe this will sound repetitive on my part, but I pray everyday, sometimes multiple times a day, that we the people will persevere over the evil that appears to be in control and/or in charge right now of this upside-down world.

This event that is occurring in Afghanistan could very well be a huge distraction for something even worse. The up and coming anniversary of 9/11 comes to mind.

I continue to suggest to those that I love and care about to remain vigilant, especially now than perhaps ever before in their lives'.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yeah, Trumps deal. Difference is Trump knows how to work a deal. We don’t need to be involved in 20 year wars. The sacrifice is too much for too many. I can guarantee Trump would not have been asking for the Taliban to allow our citizens and refugees to come to the airport. They would not be running a gauntlet of terrorist in an attempt to get to safety. This is complete bull, after two decades of dominating Afghanistan, to watch our people try to slip off safely with tails tucked due to being overwhelmed. There is no way this is not intentional, to show the world the US is no longer the sheep dog of the world. I’m not a fan of putting out nose in everyone’s affairs all over the world, but when our men and women are in harms way, put there by our government, our government had better have their six if only from the comfort of their safe, tax payer funded, comfortable high horse.