Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Afganastan

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
F7934390-034F-4094-B701-6134635B5071.jpeg

Brought too you by our elected in Washington DC….
🤬

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
How can any self respecting person, let alone the leader of the free world, turn their back on their fellow citizens, makes me sick.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
No words can describe what has been shown by family, friends and the community over the past two weeks to honor Max. Max was returned home today, the procession only 1.3 miles north of our home, with all schools assembled along the road with thousands of others from Cleveland to Berlin Heights assembled along the route to pay respect. Hopefully these video links work.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Hell of a sendoff
And it's just beginning, viewing/funeral arrangements below. No school Monday, so much support like I have never seen, truly awesome:

Friends may call from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 12, 2021, at the Edison High School Field House, 2603 State Ohio 113 E., Milan. Services will be at 11 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 13 at the Edison High School Stadium. A private burial will follow.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
MILAN TWP. — Maxton Soviak felt at home on a football field.

So it's fitting that he will be the focal point of Edison High School's game Friday night — the first Chargers home game since Soviak was killed in a terrorist attack in Afghanistan.

Soviak, a 2017 Edison graduate who was a standout football player, was supporting Operation Allies Refuge as a U.S. Navy corpsman when he was killed along with 12 other members of the U.S. military outside the airport in Kabul on Aug. 26.

His death has led to many tributes and community events. Soviak will be laid to rest of Monday.

"Max and his family deserve everything we can do to help them out," Edison athletic director Nick Wenzel said. "I've been told over and over, football was his home. That's where he seemed to be the most comfortable out on the field."

Among the tributes planned:

• Two F-16 "Fighting Falcon" jets attached to the Ohio National Guard's 112th Fighter Squadron in Toledo will perform a flyover at approximately 7 p.m.

• A chair near the flag pole at the south end of the stadium will be draped with Soviak's No. 27 jersey and a Navy Hospital Corpsman flag. Twelve other chairs will be placed next to Soviak's and will be draped with flags honoring the Marine Corps or Army.

• A color guard will be present.

• There will be a moment of silence before the Chargers kick off against Norwalk.

• All of Edison's football teams, from seventh grade to varsity, will wear Soviak's initials on their helmets the rest of the season. Norwalk's players also will have the stickers on their helmets Friday night.

• The flag at the stadium will be at half-mast until Soviak is laid to rest Monday.

Some of Soviak's classmates requested that the hash marks at the 27-yard lines be painted orange in remembrance of their friend, who posthumously was given the rank of Hospital Corpsman Third Class by the U.S. Navy.

"The called and wondered if we could do that to make sure he's remembered the rest of the season," Wenzel said. "It's perfect, and we will embrace it."

The game will be one more opportunity for the community to honor a fallen hero. It's fitting, Wenzel said, that the emotional tribute will be wrapped around a football game.

"I think there will be a lot of people there," he said. "It's a good event to honor each of 13 who lost their lives for our country."

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
MILAN TWP. — Maxton Soviak felt at home on a football field.

So it's fitting that he will be the focal point of Edison High School's game Friday night — the first Chargers home game since Soviak was killed in a terrorist attack in Afghanistan.

Soviak, a 2017 Edison graduate who was a standout football player, was supporting Operation Allies Refuge as a U.S. Navy corpsman when he was killed along with 12 other members of the U.S. military outside the airport in Kabul on Aug. 26.

His death has led to many tributes and community events. Soviak will be laid to rest of Monday.

"Max and his family deserve everything we can do to help them out," Edison athletic director Nick Wenzel said. "I've been told over and over, football was his home. That's where he seemed to be the most comfortable out on the field."

Among the tributes planned:

• Two F-16 "Fighting Falcon" jets attached to the Ohio National Guard's 112th Fighter Squadron in Toledo will perform a flyover at approximately 7 p.m.

• A chair near the flag pole at the south end of the stadium will be draped with Soviak's No. 27 jersey and a Navy Hospital Corpsman flag. Twelve other chairs will be placed next to Soviak's and will be draped with flags honoring the Marine Corps or Army.

• A color guard will be present.

• There will be a moment of silence before the Chargers kick off against Norwalk.

• All of Edison's football teams, from seventh grade to varsity, will wear Soviak's initials on their helmets the rest of the season. Norwalk's players also will have the stickers on their helmets Friday night.

• The flag at the stadium will be at half-mast until Soviak is laid to rest Monday.

Some of Soviak's classmates requested that the hash marks at the 27-yard lines be painted orange in remembrance of their friend, who posthumously was given the rank of Hospital Corpsman Third Class by the U.S. Navy.

"The called and wondered if we could do that to make sure he's remembered the rest of the season," Wenzel said. "It's perfect, and we will embrace it."

The game will be one more opportunity for the community to honor a fallen hero. It's fitting, Wenzel said, that the emotional tribute will be wrapped around a football game.

"I think there will be a lot of people there," he said. "It's a good event to honor each of 13 who lost their lives for our country."
Dude, this is getting better and better. I wish they would televise that game, Id love to see that

Reactions: Big_Holla