Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Alpha-gal

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
@"J"

Ask away because I know @NoDakRat will answer the best he can.
My wife’s friend and former coworkers son has been having some severe symptoms. When she started explaining it too me, right off the bat I said has he been tested for Lyme disease. She said they just got the results back and it was positive.
From the sounds of it, he’s had the symptoms for a while and just got progressively worse. They got him on antibiotics and he started them today. But some of the symptoms sounded off. And I thought about the Alpha-Gal. But couldn’t remember the name of it. So asked Dave and he reminded me what it was called.
I texted her with a link too it and she agreed he could possibly have that as well.
Has anyone heard of anyone having a combination of Lyme and alpha-gal at the same time? He’s a farmer and always has ticks on him and is diligent about removing them properly. But never followed up getting tested.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Just saw a few posts about acupuncture helping with this..... not sure but if i was afflicted I'd try it

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just saw a few posts about acupuncture helping with this..... not sure but if i was afflicted I'd try it
When I was deployed to Kyrgyzstan, our medical team was mostly from South Korea. They did a lot of acupuncture and most of the guys swore by it. For non-evasive I’d give it a whirl.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
When I was deployed to Kyrgyzstan, our medical team was mostly from South Korea. They did a lot of acupuncture and most of the guys swore by it. For non-evasive I’d give it a whirl.
So without going into too much detail the location i was at in AFG was hard to get in and out of for security reasons. One of the AF PJs did acupuncture on a guy with a bad tooth and it allowed him to function fine for almost a week until we found him a flight to Bagram (nearest location with a dentist).

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So without going into too much detail the location i was at in AFG was hard to get in and out of for security reasons. One of the AF PJs did acupuncture on a guy with a bad tooth and it allowed him to function fine for almost a week until we found him a flight to Bagram (nearest location with a dentist).

It real. I've had it done a few times for neck pain. Strangest thing really. You can almost feel it working. The needles are tiny, like this as a human hair and you can barely feel them go in.

Reactions: finelyshedded