Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Alum Creek.. Something fishy is going on!

anyone else have issues with no parking and private property signs on public land?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haven't Noticed

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

deanmiller88

ohio
today while scouting with my buddy we discovered that on old state rd the northern part as well as hogback road area and heverlo rd alot of the hunting signage was missing. in particular heverlo rd there are none but there is a ton of no parking anytime signs even one hanging from the gate on public land. upon double checking the alum creek hunting map as well as the Delaware county gis maps we found not all the property marked private and/or no parking was actually private. i did also leave a message with the Delaware county game warden to inquire about a couple particular areas just to triple check. has anyone else seen or heard anything similar? it is possible that i did miss a few signs however one area was clearly not marked public it was indeed posted no parking anytime on state land.

deanmiller88

ohio
Do you have OnX or other mapping app that shows real time GIS data? That might help some.
Yes I've been on and off the phone with ODNR it's been a run around you need to call this number or this one oh here I'll transfer you... I was transferred to Cincinnati region 5 alum is region 1 then I was told to call the game warden which I did last night with no response. His voice mail is also how I found out I was supposed to call the number that started my escapade.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yes I've been on and off the phone with ODNR it's been a run around you need to call this number or this one oh here I'll transfer you... I was transferred to Cincinnati region 5 alum is region 1 then I was told to call the game warden which I did last night with no response. His voice mail is also how I found out I was supposed to call the number that started my escapade.
It’s almost like we work for them….. 🙄

Reactions: deanmiller88

Hunter II

He lives on Cheshire rd right by 71. Stop by and see him in person.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
I had an old tram road that used to flood pretty bad back on a WMA in Florida I grew up hunting. Right around august or so me and dad used to go out and put road closed signs on the gate lol didn’t stop all the hunters from hitting that road but slowed traffic quite a bit during bow season. 😂

Johnny44

today while scouting with my buddy we discovered that on old state rd the northern part as well as hogback road area and heverlo rd alot of the hunting signage was missing. in particular heverlo rd there are none but there is a ton of no parking anytime signs even one hanging from the gate on public land. upon double checking the alum creek hunting map as well as the Delaware county gis maps we found not all the property marked private and/or no parking was actually private. i did also leave a message with the Delaware county game warden to inquire about a couple particular areas just to triple check. has anyone else seen or heard anything similar? it is possible that i did miss a few signs however one area was clearly not marked public it was indeed posted no parking anytime on state land.
I believe all Heverlo Rd. is private. I have wanted to hunt it bad but want my wife to drop me off so I can enter there. I have always called Maurice Irish with DNR when I have had issues. He has always been awesome. PM me if you want his info!!

deanmiller88

ohio
I believe all Heverlo Rd. is private. I have wanted to hunt it bad but want my wife to drop me off so I can enter there. I have always called Maurice Irish with DNR when I have had issues. He has always been awesome. PM me if you want his info!!
no thanks i got it taken care of