Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Amazon review of rooftop kayak carrier

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Interesting. Now I see how shit products can have good reviews. Bought some cheap rooftop kayak carriers for the CRV. Difficult to assemble. Without the tools and shop I have, an average DIY would have struggled. Just about lost a kayak twice in the first two miles. Had to modify one of them as it simply will not tighten enough to keep from sliding on the roof rack. They are cheap. That is the only thing going for them. I believe I referred to them as "knock offs" in my review. I offered the same input as I just shared here. Amazon booted my review. I think I have two stars. One star reviews are often ignored in my opinion.
1000008548.png

• Wow
Reactions: Bowhunter57
I ordered roof rails and crossbars/racks for my CRV, from Amazon and they look like factory OEM parts. (y) I use cinch straps to secure my kayak to them and have never had any issues. :)

As far as reviews, most or at least some of them are made up by A.I. If you take the time to look up the individual's profile, they either just joined in 2024 and don't have any background info in their profile. This tells me they don't exist and were made up just for the fake review opinion. :mad:

Yupik 1.jpg