Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Annual reminder

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
We originally were gonna wait til Grey was 8 before getting him out killing. Took him in the woods since he could walk either shroom hunting, scouting, checking cams, setting stands. Finally at 6 he started squirrel hunting and begged me to deer hunt. I made him wait it one more year and it worked out.

Reactions: giles and Isaacorps

Bowkills

Nw oh
Can't wait till tomorrow. My oldest daughter just shot the .44mag to make sure it was dialed in. 1st year gun hunting. 10yrold. Deer are around the area corn is off so we should be able to see some deer. Bucks are running around still. she has a great chance at seeing something good. I won't sleep worth a shit tonight I'm so excited!

Bowkills

Nw oh
Well shit. I failed as a guide this am. I didn't work with my daughter aiming at a moving target and being ready when they stop. Had a 8pt walk by this am but she couldn't get the crosshairs settled. She'd be fine at a feeding deer but that got me. Learn for next time. Second fail was an empty propane bottle for the little buddy heater. I didn't want to push her with being cold so we are by the wood stove already. Both things will be solved before our next hunt....freaking gorgeous morning!!!!!!!