Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another youth IKS!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Little bit of scope bite!!! Lol
5D86D111-6F37-45AA-9CDE-B63D5F7A8ED1.png

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
i have pretty much given up on killing deer, but since Austin turned 16 he's started turning into a killer. Covid 19 was the absolute best thing that ever happened to my kid and our hunting relationship... He got up every stinking morning to go turkey hunting and it was shitty for the first 2 weeks. The 3rd week he killed a jake and a long beard in 3 days.... My Mom was ectatistic, Grandma pushed him into a KILLA....

He has been spending Saturday nites with my mom since my dad passed in January and going to church with her on Sunday mornings. She has been a huge influence on his direction in life and told him that the more time you put in the opportunities will come.

I started running cams in October and this one showed up!! I did not show him on purpose.

We hunted Saturday morning with nothing to be seen. He spent Saturday evening with his grandma and Sunday morning so I waited till evening to take him. It was pissing the rain but at 3 he was fully dressed and waiting. We were watching 2 does when I noticed a wide buck at 100yrds that was focused on the does. He came to 60yrds and I whistled, he litterly jumped 2ft sideways and stopped. I told him to lean across me and shoot him in the chest... Bam down he goes and I go apeshit!!! The first words out of his mouth are “Oh my nose”!!! I said the hell with your nose you killed a stud !!!

Oh man I’ve Been waiting for Austin to get a sniff!!! I share all of the successfull hunts from each and everyone on this site! And to watch him capitalize on a successful hunt on a shitty day Is awesome...

I thank each and everyone of you guys for fueling our fire!! Brock my kid thinks you and Mason are more famous than the people from Hunting the Public!!! LOL!!

Thanks for all the support!

Attachments

• MFDC6190.JPG
    MFDC6190.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 139
  • MFDC6836.JPG
    MFDC6836.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 137