Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone else tape up their stands?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am taking my climber in tomorrow, well, this morning. Wakeup call in 4 hours is going to be harsh. Last year it was noisy as all get out. Taped the crap out of it tonight. After viewing the pictures, I think maybe I should get some more of the digital camo tape and finish the black gorilla tape areas off with the camo tape. They kinda shine more than I would like. Didn't realize it. I would think the tape would absorb the smell from the smoker a bit too. Just curious if I was the only one to take a $250-300 stand and cover it up?

I even stole some straps off another climber since I have been missing these. Then I snagged some arm rest pads and made myself some padded back pack straps. haha

Attachments

• IMG00248-20101018-2359 Climber tape job.jpg
    IMG00248-20101018-2359 Climber tape job.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG00247-20101018-2358 climber tape job 2.jpg
    IMG00247-20101018-2358 climber tape job 2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 153

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
looks pretty cool with the camo tape. I haven't taped mine it still sports the dull gray factory paint but looking at that camo tape I might just have to now lol.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
My Summit was peeling paint pretty bad after a few uses when it was new. I complained to Summit and they send me the Summit Skin kit. It's made of fabric so it holds smoke real nice.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I just use spray paint. Krylon paint works great. Just tiger stripe em up real good. I like the way that looks though.

Bloody Nock

I did the same thing where the paint was coming off of my old summit climber using the digicamo and i think it looks pretty good and will see how well it holds up.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Bloddy Nock and Phil,

Could you guys keep us updated on how well or how long that tape holds up. I would be interested in finding that out.

Jack,

What color paints do you use on yours ? I have a dull gray climber and can't decide if I should go with black and a different shade of gray to do the shading and make it look like bark.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If it's Black like my Beagle II. I stripe it brown and some light tan.

If it's that light tan color some stands are. I stripe it black and brown.

Soooooo I guess i use Black, Brown and Tan depending on the regular stand color.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If it's Black like my Beagle II. I stripe it brown and some light tan.

If it's that light tan color some stands are. I stripe it black and brown.

Soooooo I guess i use Black, Brown and Tan depending on the regular stand color.

I might just have to excercise my artistic side next summer :D. I'm pretty good at drawing those stick figures so striping a stand should be ok :D. I figure since the stand is dull gray I will try some black and maybe some shade of light brown :D.