Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone ever use one of these

to plow and disc their plot? I bought this Craftsman Garden Tractor to mow around the house where my tractor and finish mower can't fit into that well. Bought this from a retired guy who had completely redid this late 90's Craftsman Garden Tractor for his sister who had passed away before she could use it. Anyway it came with this plow and disc. Was thinking about selling it as I have a 2 bottom plow and a 3pt disc for the farm tractor at home. Then I got to thinking that maybe I could use the plow and disc in Ohio. Now I know it would be slow, but I have a truck and trailer big enough to haul this thing down to camp. I don't have a truck and trailer to haul a 65HP tractor. Anyone ever use one? Any tips/pointers would be appreciated. MY FIL has wheel weights that will fit the mower and this is an actual garden tractor. It has a H/L range giving you 6 forward 2 reverse. The low range is really geared low.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reactions: MoonLab

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice looking little tractor. Those old Craftsman's are strong runners if properly maintained.

I just can't picture it pulling that plow though. Even with wheel weights, I have a hard time believing it'll do it. Hopefully I'm wrong. It just takes a lot of ass to pull a plow in virgin ground.

I know compared to a farm tractor and regular implements that this thing will pale in comparison. I was buying the machine for the mower and guy didn't want to separate the package. More or less trying to figure out if I should sell them or if I can get some beneficial use out of them.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Grip it and rip, then decide. Too hard to say how it will do.

Agreed. Once ground is broken it might do just fine. Won't know until you try it. I wouldn't sell it without at least giving it a fair shake. You can do that in PA before you haul it to Ohio.

I had a Ford 1210 it was a 15 horse diesel with 4WD. It had weights on the front, and it had one hell off a time pulling a single bit plow. If you caught a root or anything it would lift the front end off the ground.
I can’t believe that craftsman can pull that plow through virgin soil.
But give it a try and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Mike