Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Appendix Carry and Belly Bands

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I never got comfortable with appendix carry due to the thought of a hollow point hitting me in the junk. So I've been carrying at 4-5 o'clock when I don't carry in the small of my back.

I literally wore out a Columbia leather belt in 8 months and now need a new belt. I'd rather go with a nylon, American made CCW belt. Any suggestions?

I'm about to pick up another pistol and want to settle the belt situation first.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I never got comfortable with appendix carry due to the thought of a hollow point hitting me in the junk. So I've been carrying at 4-5 o'clock when I don't carry in the small of my back.

I literally wore out a Columbia leather belt in 8 months and now need a new belt. I'd rather go with a nylon, American made CCW belt. Any suggestions?

I'm about to pick up another pistol and want to settle the belt situation first.
Not a nylon belt, but I picked up a gun belt from Hanks Belts and I'm very happy with it. Great gun support and it's nice enough to wear as a dress belt as well.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did you look at the belts Dustin and I bought? He did a review on them awhile back. Mine is holding up pretty well from the holster abuse.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I carry my Ruger LC9 in a pocket holster in my right pocket or in my right coat pocket with a zipper. I can't stand the cargo pocket carry as it seems to slap against my leg when walking. The most comfortable walking or standing is my crouch holster but too hard to draw when setting down.

That's exactly what I was looking at from them. The Raw Dog holster I have doesn't seem to chew up the belt as much as my fat ass switching back and forth to a different belt buckle hole LOL. The belt I have now just happens to be a store bought decent belt with some thickness. Hope switching to a good belt makes things even better.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Been pocket carrying lately. Appendix carry was alright until i went to sit down. As for belts for leather i have a Beltman bullhide belt that is going on ten years and still good to go. I ordered another one because of some weight loss. For nylon i really like the 5:11 Tactical trainers belt that i got a year ago.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Im not a fan of appendix carry. I tried it before with smith & wessom 40swve on appendix carry, lol ....didnt like it. So i tried with 9 mm shield and didnt like it either. I like mine carried behind my lower right side back above the hip although the holster Triak isn't too bad....im still looking for the rigjt holster i would like to get to get the right comfort of it.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
putting the gun in the holster while sitting down? Or wrong holster for the gun? not the gun or the holsters fault.

That was the only thing I could think of. Sure wouldn't happen while drawing it. Not unless he had his finger on the trigger as he pulled it out. Again, not the fault of the gun or holster.