Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Arizona Elk success

rrr

Some of you met Nate and Big Gary at the BEC shoot, they are good friends of mine and were shooting some 3d to get ready for their trip to Arizona. I shot the course the next week with those two and Big Gary's son, who all went out last week.

Nate sent me this picture this morning, it's obviously dark and hard to see- but there's also some freaking elk in the picture, his. He said that a few other arrows had flown, rut wasn't quite popping yet, and seemed positive that they would knock two more down in the next couple of days. Last year all three of them shot elk as well, self-guided in Arizona.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Sweet! Were they able to thin the undocumented democrat herd any?

Last edited:

rrr

Yea I will get a good pic of it when he comes back. Actually I just need to get him on here, he's got some great stories from out of state hunts and does well every year for Ohio whitetail and turkey.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Look at that whale tail!!! I'm going to start building AZ points this year. If you've never elk hunted your truly missing out. I've done it once and I'm hooked for life!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Missed this thread. That's a nice looking bull your buddy got there Capt. :D. Looks like around a 320 or so but can't tell from the pic. Can't wait to see some daylight pics of that beast :D.

rrr

Thanks Jack.

Well, just got this one. That puts them at 2 elk for 3 guys or 3 for 4 (not sure if their brother is hunting with them or not). They know what the heck they are doing out there, that's for sure!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That is some cool stuff going on right there. That sure makes for alot of bone. Glad to see them doing well. I really enjoyed shooting with you guys at the shoot.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Self guided hunt makes it even more impressive!! Kudos to your buddies!!!
I'd like to kill an elk at some point, just have too many other hunts I want to do before an elk.

rrr

Promised that I'd post these, here they are.

I haven't heard all the stories yet, but the third guy (not picture, the other is their brother) the guy that was at the shoot, did shoot one but they lost it tracking.