Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

arrow preference

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've shot nothing but Easton arrows since I started 15 years ago. Started out with aluminum and went to carbon never looking back. I have heard aluminum arrows have a more consistent spine and strait shaft, but once they are bent, that does you no good. Carbons are tough, bottom line.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I shoot PSE Radial X-Weave 200 pro's. They shoot great for me. IMO, arrows nowadays are like broadheads in that there really is so many great choices out there. Just pay attention to the specs you need and you'll end up all right

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I just exited the dark ages and have been using the Easton Axis carbons for a few months with my new setup. I can't believe I didn't switch from aluminums sooner and can't wait to run some through some deer.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I shoot a PSE Deerhunter (obsolete TOOday I know), Drury brothers liked my comment though, when I asked them if it was possible for me TOO appear on "I shot it w/my PSE" segment on BowMadness, with my PSE Deerhunter....So I got that going for me, which is nice. (Caddyshack)...

Anyway, the bow is set up at 70#, 28" draw and the bow max's out at 265fps per the specs...A few months ago I bought a dozen easton XX75 camo hunter 2117 aluminum arrows, .400 spine...I know they are obsolete by TOOday's standards but they still shoot good (prbly only cuz I haven't shot anything else out of the bow). I bought 100grain muzzy 3 blades, o-rings, inserts, gorrilla glue, NAP quickfletch (a couple dozen now), lumenok's...and I love my set up now that I've figured out where I'm shooting and starting to group real nice now TOO...I decided to take the less expensive route and kill a few deer with this bow before I upgrade...sorry for the long post about arrows but I hope you find it helpful...good luck!!

Last edited: