Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Arrow selection help for my Halon X

rsmith

Hey guys, I’m currently stuck between arrow setups and need help and have a couple questions. My current setup is a Mathews Halon X set 29 inch draw and 60 lbs. Current arrows are Easton Hexx 330 29’ with 75g brass insert, 100g point weight, blazer 7inch wraps, 3 fletch blazer vanes, and factory nock with around 17% FOC and weighing 450g and I want to go with something a little lighter and less FOC and a little flatter shooting. I’m stuck between 3 arrow setups and don’t know if I will need to go up on spine or not as my rest right now is maxed all the way to the left, right hand shooter, but I will be going down in weight forward so it shouldn’t be as bad theoretically. These are the 3 options I came up with running archersadvantage software but I would still like some input for some people with a little more knowledge when it comes to FOC and spine selection.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

rsmith

I’m personally leaning more towards the zombie slayer setup due to it being a middle of the road with arrow weight and FOC but I always am curious as to what it would be like running a lighter arrow like the carnivore with high FOC and still good speed at 283 FPS. All of these setups will be making over 70 ft/lbs of KE so that’s not an issue either.

The carnivore and zombie slayer are setup with the Black Eagle brass insert and the Spartan is a 30g add on to a stainless steel insert BTW.

Last edited:

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I went round and round with arrow selection years ago, and honestly, in the end it all came down to durability and how they grouped. Obviously your set up has plenty of KE and ultimately, placement of that shot is what really matters. So I know I'm not fully answering your question, but shoot a couple of different shafts and fill your quiver with one that shoots best. Best of luck picking THE arrow and post your results when you have it figured out.

rsmith

I went round and round with arrow selection years ago, and honestly, in the end it all came down to durability and how they grouped. Obviously your set up has plenty of KE and ultimately, placement of that shot is what really matters. So I know I'm not fully answering your question, but shoot a couple of different shafts and fill your quiver with one that shoots best. Best of luck picking THE arrow and post your results when you have it figured out.

Very true. I was thinking about ordering 2 of each and making them and seeing how they do compared to the rest and go from there. They are all very durable arrows from what I have heard but I will definitely let you know when I do decide.

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails