Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Arrows

Its been a 8 years since i have changed up my arrow set up. I have been shooting easton axis st with 3 blazer vanes and 125 gr point cut at 28 inches. With the axis st going way up in price i am thinking of going to a different shaft. What are people shooting for a good hunting and 3d arrow?

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross Co., OH
28" Carbon Express Maxima RED SD 350 for the Mathews 'NO-CAM' compound bow, and 28" Carbon Express Maxima RED 250 for the Mathews Rezeen 6.5 Solo-Cam compound bow.

I hunt and target shoot with both of them only.

I have no complaints and have been using CE arrows ever since 2008. Most likely end up sticking with them for the rest of archery days too.

IDK where or how they rank amongst other manufacturers nor do I really care either. I just know they work for my archery setups. I also have broken many of those arrows over the years as well, for a variety of reasons.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230307_113623_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230307_113623_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 89
I just seen this post. :unsure:
I've been shooting Gold Tip arrows for years and love the wide variety of spine choices, along with traditional wood grain and standard black carbon shafting. (y) Gold Tip offers an internal weight system called F.A.C.T., that allows you to increase the Total Arrow Weight and/or increase the FOC. Often I'll shoot a 100 gr. broadhead and have to use a 50 gr. internal weight to keep the total tip weight the same as what I tuned them with during practice. Lots of tuning options with their system. 💯

I'm shooting 57# out of my Elite Ritual 30 compound at a 29" DL and I use Gold Tip Hunter XT 300 spine at 27" with Gateway 3" feathers with a strong left wing off-set and a 150 gr. tip weight. This is a 525 TAW with a 20% FOC. This setup is accurate out to 50 yards with all of my fixed blade broadheads. :cool:

I also shoot a 19" Hoyt Satori riser with Uukha Gobi short limbs at 45# with my 27.5" DL. I use a Gold Tip Traditional 500 spine at 29" with 4" shield cut feathers and a 200 gr. tip weight. Again, excellent flight and accuracy out to 35 yards with all of my fixed blade broadheads. (y)

My 17" Trad Tech riser and DAS bamboo core extra long longbow limbs at 45#, seem to like the Easton Axis 5mm 600 spine at 29" with a 75 gr. half-out insert and a 150 gr. tip weight. Excellent flight and accuracy out to 25 yards....which is the maximum distance that I shoot this ILF longbow. :)

Hope this helps!