Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Artwork

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Those are outstanding Mike! Good to see you getting back into it, sparking up a fire for an old passion. That’s good for the soul.

I used to enjoy drawing and sketching too but, like you, simply got away from it over time.
Sounds like it's time for you to get lost in a drawing.

Reactions: jagermeister

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Those are outstanding Mike! Good to see you getting back into it, sparking up a fire for an old passion. That’s good for the soul.

I used to enjoy drawing and sketching too but, like you, simply got away from it over time.
Yeah same here. Got lost and ended up doing something else

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I finally got into another one. This is based off a photo I took years ago at an aquarium when the kids were little. This will have the under water environment as well as the subject.
20221207_062212.jpg

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I think that is something you either have or don't.
It's true and there are varying degrees of skill and style. I've wasted most of my life comparing myself to other highly skilled and accomplished artists which just stifled my confidence and prevented me from moving forward. I'm finally at a place where I can just draw and be happy with the abilities I process. Thanks all. I use your words as motivation.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don’t know how I missed this thread. I’ve seen some of your works on Facebook. You are incredibly talented and gifted Mike. I’m very happy to see you putting it to use. There is nothing worse than wasted talent. Don’t ever put yours aside. Amazing.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Amazing Mike! Extremely talented and beautiful work!!!

My FIL does the same or dappels into this kind art as well, a lot of scrimshaw done as well on just about any material you can think of, including deer antlers. I'll have to take some pix of his work the next time I get over to his place because his work is quite remarkable and similar to yours.

Keep it up man! Good stuff (y)

Reactions: Left field and Mike