Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bald Eagle

The Bald Eagle is definately making a come back, as I see more and more of them. There are several of them nesting in the Grand Lake St. Marys area.

I'm starting to wonder if the Red-tailed hawk isn't making too big of a come back, as you can't drive more than 10 miles without seeing one perched on a fence post. Seems like the more of them I see, the less I see of the rabbit population. :smiley_chinrub:

Bowhunter57

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The Bald Eagle is definately making a come back, as I see more and more of them. There are several of them nesting in the Grand Lake St. Marys area.

I'm starting to wonder if the Red-tailed hawk isn't making too big of a come back, as you can't drive more than 10 miles without seeing one perched on a fence post. Seems like the more of them I see, the less I see of the rabbit population. :smiley_chinrub:

Bowhunter57

57 I drive mostly highway too and from work and on my way home during good weather they'll be dozens of them perched all along the highway look for mice and snakes.... bit I do agree there are a lot of them and I bet they put a hurtin on the rabbit population...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
From what I've been told from "The Old-Timers" before I was one........ That is why back-when you hardly ever seen a hawk. A lot of people shot them because the rabbits and squirrels were a major source of food and the hawk was a threat.

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
That eagle has been in that area of Rt7 for several years. I've seen it multiple times on the way to Cabela's. At least I assume it's the same one. On the hawk front, it certainly seems like there are alot of them these days. There are two at my brother's place and I see one or both of them just about every time I'm hunting out there. Seems like you can't go anywhere without seeing several of them. My brother and I went to the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA the first part of the week and saw quite a few on the way there.