Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Barnett COMMANDO Crossbow (polished)

savatreatabvr

My girlfriend loves going to yard sales but I've usually got better things to do! A few months ago she finally talked me into going but I put up a fight and gave it a valent effort any man would be proud of but when we were done I was damn glad I went! I found a polished aluminum Barnett Commando crossbow! I had a Commando way back when and it was a cool crossbow but I've never seen a polished one! This one was nice and tight with no pitting or dents, it was basically brand new but it did need a good shine so took it home, polished it up and you can see for yourself it's one killer looking Commando!!!

I don't have much use for it so it just hangs on my wall but it is it is fully functional and deadly !

$450 or I'm open to trade.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
welcome to Too and AWESOME X-Bow... I watched you register and go straight to deals and steals. I was waiting on the spam post and the ban hammer. lol.. I was pleasantly surprised to see the bow.. Nice Find.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That's a pretty sweet crossbow, and welcome to the site! Hope you stick around and join in on the conversations and get to know some of us. Feel free to start a thread in the new user intro forum and tell us a bit about yourself. So far all we know is you don't like yard-saling and you use to have a Barnett Crossbow... :)

savatreatabvr

LOL, I will.

That's a pretty sweet crossbow, and welcome to the site! Hope you stick around and join in on the conversations and get to know some of us. Feel free to start a thread in the new user intro forum and tell us a bit about yourself. So far all we know is you don't like yard-saling and you use to have a Barnett Crossbow... :)

savatreatabvr

175-lb draw weight
10" power stroke
53 foot pounds of energy
350 fps I think
max range is about 50 yards

Weapons collectors, movie buffs, hunters and target shooters collect these Commando's and they were one of the most accurate crossbows in there day but they are a bit heavy for hunting.

Never seen anything like it, what's the specs?

savatreatabvr

My girlfriend loves going to yard sales but I've usually got better things to do! A few months ago she finally talked me into going but I put up a fight and gave it a valent effort any man would be proud of but when we were done I was damn glad I went! I found a polished aluminum Barnett Commando crossbow! I had a Commando way back when and it was a cool crossbow but I've never seen a polished one! This one was nice and tight with no pitting or dents, it was basically brand new but it did need a good shine so took it home, polished it up and you can see for yourself it's one killer looking Commando!!!

I don't have much use for it so it just hangs on my wall but it is it is fully functional and deadly !

$450 or I'm open to trade.
Here's a brief history on the self-cocking Barnett Commando Crossbow. These crossbows are legendary, they've been seen in many Ninja movies and Hollywood Blockbuster films including James Bonds "For Your Eyes Only", Christian Bales Dragon Slaying weapon in "Reign of Fire" and was used as the platform for Chewbacca's "Bowcaster" crossbow in the Star Wars movies. What makes this crossbow legendary is it's very unique rear hinged pivoting stock, sturdy locking arms and precision extruded cocking hooks with self-aligning roller guides, this allows for faster loading during competition, hunting and target shooting. This particular Commando has been bead blasted and highly polished to make it even more rare, unique and collectible.

Last edited:

kmc

Hi... My name is Michael "Mad Mike" Cardigan from Team stuntILLUSIONS. I´m doing movie-style stuntshows with lots of crossbow-action. Actually I´m using f.e. a Canadian Excalibur Crossbow with own handcrafted parts. I was looking for a commando a long time. Not because of their precise handling but for its use in so much well-known movies. I originally came from the movies (stuntman & special-effect-artist) and the commando-cocking-style is simply gorgeous. Its so cool to operate it... Our stage-colors are black/yellow (gold) and so your Xbow would match our style just perfect. So if you would be happy to see the Barnett doing live-shows you should sell it to me ;-) Please mail me an offer... but keep in mind - artists do not have that much money ;-)

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Lighting has you fooled a bit. The color is actually a polished silver look I believe. Looks gold due to the lights.

Beentown

savatreatabvr

It's polished aluminum and brass, to get it to shine like that I use 400 grit wet sand paper first, then 2000 grit, then 0000 steel wool, then various rubbing compounds and polishes. All brass that's highly polished has a golden look to it but I wouldn't suggest using any kind of sand paper on it, rubbing compound first then brass polish. What was good about the Commando is the aluminum is very good quality, no pits or dents and it's straight as an arrow.

Lighting has you fooled a bit. The color is actually a polished silver look I believe. Looks gold due to the lights.

Beentown

savatreatabvr

These crossbows have been seen in many Ninja movies and Hollywood Blockbusters including James Bonds "For Your Eyes Only", Christian Bales Dragon Slaying weapon in "Reign of Fire" and used as the platform for Chewbacca's "Bowcaster" crossbow in the Star Wars movies. What makes this crossbow unique is it's rear hinged pivoting stock, sturdy locking arms and precision extruded cocking hooks with self-aligning roller guides, this allows for faster loading during competition and hunting. This particular Commando crossbow has been highly polished to make it even more unique, rare and collectible. It's fully functional and shoots great! $450 obo.

THIS CROSSBOW IS NOT A MOVIE PROP

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just reply to this thread. A Reply will take the post back to the top. :) But it was only like 4 posts down. People are finding it via google now. So hopefully you sell it soon. Double posts leads to issues when people ask questions, it sells and other things. One thread is far simpler to manage.