Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Baseball Journal

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
17-0 win tonight to go 3-1 for week 1, and an ad-hoc after party at the local bar & grill. One teammate crashing here tonight with Ty, Myles off to a different teammate's house. Life is good tonight.

20220520_211017.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason has been home from school for a couple weeks now. Hasn’t touched a baseball since. He has his first Legion ball practice tonight. Yet another team. This one is closer to home and he decided to play with these boys do to his buddy Ike. Ike has played on this team through the growing up years. It’s a good program. Mason played against their “senior “ team many times, and beat em. Now he and Ike are both old enough to play on the senior team. I coached Ike and Mason for the first several years they played, including jr high. I’ll be happy to watch them on the same field together again. This will be Masons last year of eligibility for Legion. I hope to watch a lot of games!

Our District games started on Tuesday with a 1-0 win to move on to Friday. Friday morning Allen got the call to pitch. He pitched real well, a 13-0 shutout where he allowed 4 hits and 7 strikeouts. That win put us in the championship for the District title. It was a tight game at first but we broke it open in the 5th and ended up winning 12/2.

Regionals start on Wednesday! Wish them luck!

1654473942335.jpeg

1654473977580.jpeg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
That's awesome, way to keep showing them you should be on the mound Allen!

Our High School is headed to state semi-finals (final 4) for Div III this Thursday at Akron Rubber Ducks stadium. We are rescheduling our 10u game to allow as many kids to attend as possible. Edison (Milan Edison) has never made it this far, history in the making!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
AC7AB9DD-862B-4B3B-ACAB-BED9B84DFA52.jpeg

Here is a pic I snapped tonight as Mason took the mound for the first time this year on a collegiate travel team. He’s been playing on a Legion team that turned out to be a joke. He did throw a complete game, one hit win the other day with the Legion team. It was the second game of a doubleheader. They lost the first game 22-2.... that may give some idea of what a joke it is. Anyway, he called the coach of this travel team last night to see if they needed another pitcher. It just so happens the coach umpired a game Mason pitched last year in HS. He remembered him and invited him to play tonight. He went in with the bases loaded. Struck out the first kid on four pitches. Then the errors started behind him. Finally got out of that inning after all three base runners scored. Next inning was three up and down, striking out one more. The coach said he earned a full time spot. The nice thing is there are a couple kids that were juniors when he started varsity as a freshman. He’s really going to enjoy playing with them again. I could tell those three were happy to be on a field together again.