Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bass Pro and the NRA

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We are screwed...

Indeed we are as long as sportsmen continue to give their money to corporations who do not support the major organisation who nationally fights for our right to own firearms. Support your local mom and pop stores. Sportsmen's guide and Midway USA are huge NRA supporters also.

I plan to email both Bass Pro and the NRA on Monday. I'll also start creating a list of corporations who don't stand beside us, and those that do.

Reactions: Dustinb80

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I’d be more interested in a list that does support us. Start spending my money with those guys. Damn shame...

Here are some that I posted in another thread.

Vances in Columbus who made this statement on their most recent NRA drive

"Vance Outdoors is an official NRA Recruiter. Considering the political climate, I call this a pretty gutsy position, considering that there are those who see law abiding gun-owners as more of a threat than the terrorists that run free among us, and who blame the NRA for the terrorist attacks that occur!"

Buds Gun Shop are sponsors of both the NRA and the National Shooting Sports foundation. Right at the top of their website they offer a discount for joining the NRA.

MidwayUSA donates tons of money to the NRA and Larrys wife Brenda sits on the NRA foundations Board of Trustees. Employees at MidwayUSA have NRA membership stickers proudly displayed on their office name plates.

GrabAGun.com
Years of experience have helped us understand the importance of firearm ownership throughout all of life’s stages. From the child taking their first shot under the watchful eyes of their parent, to the seasoned hunter, to the service men and women who carry firearms to protect this great nation, we respect and honor every aspect of firearm ownership.

GrabAGun is dedicated to serving the ever-changing needs of the market. As avid gun enthusiasts, we’ve immersed ourselves in 2A culture. We remain devoted to the hunters, competitive shooters, collectors, and enthusiasts of all ilk

Chass

The Hills
Not really surprised they aren't having it with as big as they are. The large what used to be geared towards outdoorsman stores are seeing that base of customers shrinking and are turning towards all the other sports and focusing there, and a lot of those diehards do not have the same ideals we do.
The Fin on the other hand, they are still in our realm and I wouldn't consider them to be a chain by any means, other than they have more than one store. I would imagine that the Fin is the only place you can go into still and have a chance at running into the owner that would give you two minutes of his own time. Mike's a great guy, he built a great business, made his millions and takes care of his employees and community. Now the Fin is employee owned.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
33598EB8-1DCF-4CC1-B0F4-743703AF72DA.gif

Reactions: giles

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not really surprised they aren't having it with as big as they are. The large what used to be geared towards outdoorsman stores are seeing that base of customers shrinking and are turning towards all the other sports and focusing there, and a lot of those diehards do not have the same ideals we do.
The Fin on the other hand, they are still in our realm and I wouldn't consider them to be a chain by any means, other than they have more than one store. I would imagine that the Fin is the only place you can go into still and have a chance at running into the owner that would give you two minutes of his own time. Mike's a great guy, he built a great business, made his millions and takes care of his employees and community. Now the Fin is employee owned.

Agreed. The fin is a good store.

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Pay a little more to promote the future or save a few dollars and support taking away our rights? That’s how I have to look at this subject, isn’t about money, it’s about what’s right and the future.
The only thing I buy there is arrows. Knives are damn near twice the cost of what I can get them for somewhere else, clothes are overpriced. If I need something small like a facemask or pair of gloves I usually get them at All American in strasburg, along with my license and tags. I don't travel north very much, and that's where the fin is.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you get emails from basspro or cabelas go and unsubscribe from them... Maybe seeing subscriptions on the decline will wake the fuggers up...
If your a fan of nascar don’t buy any of the drivers they sponsors gear.... Little steps will male a difference....

Reactions: Boarhead

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Well here we are in late August. Bass pro did not have the NRA freedom days this year and deleted the site where it said "coming soon"

Looks like I'll be adding both Bass Pro and Cabelas to the list of large corporations who only want our money but will not stand beside us in the fight against the antis.

View attachment 63710

MIDWAY is where I get most of my stuff these days.

Another local place for me is the Sportsman's Den in Shelby.

Reactions: Mike