Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Battle of the dirt cheap .22s Mossberg Plinkster vs Savage 64F

Battle of the dirt cheap 22 rifles..Which one?

• Mossberg 702 plinkster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22s are for wussy's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FredT

SE Ohio
The .22s can shoot well with the right ammo. I shot this target at 100 yards with my BSA target .22.

There are so many good .22s out there that it makes it difficult to choose just one.

Alot of good advice was posted in this thread.

Very nice shooting fred....A fellow has a used Marlin model 60 I am supposed to look at he is asking 100$..I am not a fan of wood on most guns.So if i end up with it i plan to order a Advanced Technology Fiberforce Dragunov design stock from midway..There around 50$.Any recommendations on scope specs for a .22???

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I prefer a 3-9x40 on a .22

I like a bigger objective for light gathering. 3x is good for quick aquisition but you still have the ability to use 9x for the nitty, gritty long shot groups. As brand...I am stuck on Vortex. Great price, optics, warranty, etc...

Beentown

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm with Beentown. I use 3-9x40 scopes on my .22's

I nice Simmons on my last model 60 but this new one I went with the Bushnell Trophy XLT and so far it has worked fine for my needs.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Got a question for you Hortontoter. Is there a reason for a AO on a .22?

Just seems that you are not going to be going past 100 much and a set objectives sweet spot is from 25 to 100 yards. Just seems that it would be a waste of money to me. Hey, I may be missing something??? I have always purchased AO's for my longer range guns for that extra bit of clarity from 20 on out to the big distances. I have been really impressed with the Mueller APV line up for sure.

Beentown