Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beagle connection

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks J. I'll check it out.
This may sound crazy to some guys, but not only am I looking for a hunter, but also a house pet. My beagle now has been both and she is a very good dog. Really good with all kids and a great couch companion. I just hope I can find another like her.

beagles makes great house dogs and hunters , some old timers will tell you that aint true but every beagle i have had in the house has also been a good house dog , fred t from o.s has some real good beagles and all of his are house dogs , might wanna messege him he can help ya find one to

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well I fell into the old adage of you don't keep a hunting dog in the house.... Old school taught lol... Looking back on my mindset I should of rethought that one years ago lol.... Fact is if your dogs in the house with you, you have a bond other than hunting... Plus it obeys the basic commands a whole lot better and translates into the field handling a lot better.... But alas my wife can only handle certain breeds due to allergies so until I finda new wife it'll have to work like this for now..... :smiley_depressive: :smiley_clap:

rrr

Wasn't there someone (a kid?) on here or there that bred bird dogs and beagles?

FredT

SE Ohio
beagles makes great house dogs and hunters , some old timers will tell you that aint true but every beagle i have had in the house has also been a good house dog , fred t from o.s has some real good beagles and all of his are house dogs , might wanna messege him he can help ya find one to

I have a breeder friend who is getting out of the busines due to a bad back. He still has a 7 week old tri colored female pup and a wonderful adult hunter.

He also has a starting pen full of rabitts, bunch around the house too. Don't know what he is going to do with them, that never came up.

PM me if your are interested.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Cotty you don't have it TOO bad in life do you!

Steve, I'm livin the dream brother... I'm livin the dream.

Here's a pic from the trip home.