Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beentowns hunting log...

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Beenie I will be home next week jus sayin...we can hang double stands and cuddle...prolly wont see any more deer than you are now, but at least you'd leave with a smile on your face.

you know a guy named jerry? I think his last name is sandusky. Oh thats right he prefers showers.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Well fellas I re-injured my shoulder...again. Going to be looking for a used Xbow this weekend. Put my LX on CL and maybe here later. Was going to get a new bow in the spring anyway....ugh.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
How did you reinjure it Charles? Man, sorry to hear this. I've had my shoulder,elbow and back probs too over the last decade. Hope you can get back out there soon. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Climbing down the set...

I hope to find a Xbow this weekend. May have to sell one of my lovelies to get one though. Ugh. Hate waiting on pay.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Well two of my big boys are still alive. My Dad was at the farm and he watched two bucks get up and walk away from him just now not more than 20 yards away from him. They were bedded right beside our pond in a creek/fence line which is really close to the house.

He has seen the target buck before because he hung around his house breeding does last year. His quote "Dang big buck has you figured out. All this land behind us and he lays right up here tucked to the house. (Insert chuckle) Good luck with that one...."

At least I know he is still alive. And Dad said his buddy is bigger than the 125" hanging in his cabin. "The other one was so much bigger I could hardly take my eyes off of him" is what he said. Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sweet! Good luck Charles! I think you might have the answer for him next week: Sit on the back porch and take him out!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Gotta laugh. Pulled out my colder weather gear and was confused just for second in the stand. It was covered with dog hair and I know my dog hasn't been near it. Well I forget Curran and Longdraws dogs liked my blind when we went waterfowling. Lol

Timber hair everywhere!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
If its brown its down? Lol

Fuggin horses

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1322922256245.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322922256245.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 267

saddlepants

central Ohio
If its brown its down? Lol

Fuggin horses

Crips you look like your sittin in my stand out back - Dont shoot my girls!!, lol, nah. I keep mine up close to the house this week. But thats the exact view I have from my stand. I use the horses. They perk up and watch deer and can hear them before I do. Keep your eyes on them

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Goodluck Beener! We're still pulling for ya! Have you heard much shooting in your surrounding area this week? Like the last couple of years the shots were few and far between in our area. I know alot of corn is still standing but we're not seeing much movement along the roads near these fields after dark neither. I think the deer numbers are down in our areas due to the EHD outbreak a few years ago and the kill permits being issued at high numbers each and every year. I passed up my one and only shot yesterday am at a small doe because I didn't see many deer this season.

Sorry to ramble Charles!lol I hope you bust a target buck soon! Goodluck!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Gotta laugh. Pulled out my colder weather gear and was confused just for second in the stand. It was covered with dog hair and I know my dog hasn't been near it. Well I forget Curran and Longdraws dogs liked my blind when we went waterfowling. Lol

Timber hair everywhere!

D'Oh... dang dogs. Lol. :smiley_crocodile: