Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Behind the House Version 2.0

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That was cool. I wish she could have closed the deal but sometimes stuff happens. We will call that her dry run for the season :D. I hope she gets another crack at him because it sounds like she will do just fine with the buck fevor :D.

Go get um Kate !!!!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Afterwords, she said she wasn't even nervous. I was shaking like hell for her!

That's the way it should be man! Me and Bryan were talking and it's almost unnatural to not have any nerves. I mean, that's what makes bowhunting so great is the adrenaline rush that comes with having deer in bow range. To have a nice buck like that in bow range having never killed a deer, with no nerves, she is missing out on what makes bowhunting the thrill that it is!!! I was shaking as much as Tracie was Saturday morning, partially because of the cold, but mainly because it was as exciting as hell seeing her get excited and knowing it was game time. I'd rather have the nerves and learn to control them, than to not have them. It is one of the best rushes you can get without breaking the law or risking your life!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
C'mon Jesse,don't be such a sissy boy. When you are a trained deer assassin, you don't get the nerves. You are just there to do a job! Now, if you believe this one. . .

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Well, it was funny because she said she wasn't nervous, but I know she was. You know how after you see a deer and your heart has been a racin' you get all shivery, like your are cold. Well, she was shaking like a leaf and saying she was cold, but I knew better...been there, done that... :D

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Well, it was funny because she said she wasn't nervous, but I know she was. You know how after you see a deer and your heart has been a racin' you get all shivery, like your are cold. Well, she was shaking like a leaf and saying she was cold, but I knew better...been there, done that... :D

HAHA! I love that feeling. But its worse when you get those shakes AND your froozen!!! I remember seeing a monster back in '03 when I was absolutely frozen. I don't think I've shook that hard in my life. I ended up hitting a vine and missed that deer. Fugger was 150 if he was anything. Still haunts me...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
After consistently getting pictures of the Trio from 8pm-9pm every night, I decided to make a move with the camera in the direction I thought they were coming from. It will take a couple more days to know for sure, but it looks like I'm headed the right way. I know the brows are weak on that 9pt, but I would stick him in a heartbeat.