Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best halloween treat

Third sit for my son griff this season. We decided the wind was best for a natural ground blind we built a few seasons back. Being so unprepaired like always i hadnt brushed it in yet for this season. So walking out i chopped an invasive which ill treat chemical in the morning. Got settled in after a quick new cover of branches. He was ready for the hunt. I was pleased when he reached for the binos when thought he caught a glimpse of something. View attachment 138953i had to chuckle when he leaned back and whispered skittles....View attachment 138954we did catch sight of a deer about 75yds out but it was extremely brief. The wind was hitting us pretty good tonight and the hardest part of hunting with kids started to set in, cold. Griff took a break and a seat in my lap while i watched for about 30minsView attachment 138955the glory time when the wind calmed a bit and more sounds started across our woodlot. He took his seat for the rest of the hunt. With many new rubs all around us it felt like we were going to have another sighting. We spot a buck in the same area as the first'could have been him the whole time.' I see antler and help get griff shoulder the xbow. The buck walked right briskly right at us. Griff was aiming as he was getting closer. I said put it behind his shoulder and shoot him. The buck stopped and nothing....The buck started moving so i stopped him with the mep and a bit more than a whisper said shoot! The bolt smacked him . he mule kicked twice as he tore away. I saw him stop and disappear into the green june like undergrowth. Not sure if he stumbled or walked off we back out. Griff was pumped to redeem a miss from last year. I couldnt function...we came back after the hour and i was worthless...i couldnt concentrate..im sure there is a paint trail out there but i couldnt see straight. Griff said lets go where he ran as his tracker was torn with emotion. We walked 15 yards and we shinned his belly. Checked him out a bit then the guide struck with buck fever gets turned around and nearly lost in half of a 10 acre lot.. Grandparents came by to see the boy and his buck. Yes i wear moose jammies some hunts. Thanks for the congrats all.View attachment 138956View attachment 138957View attachment 138958
That's awesome right there