Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BigCountry’s Fishing Journal 2024

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
View attachment 197340Slow day on the big lake but still productive, 20 perch and 4 walleye. @jagermeister and @Mike are dead to me 😂
🤣 Good stuff man. Glad to see you got into some fish. Sorry I couldn’t make it but I had trophies to win…

IMG_2278.jpeg

Bigcountry40

20240809_120708.jpeg
IMG_2335.jpeg
The boys and I did our inshore charter today and I was less than satisfied with the trip and was refunded some of our money. I
Had several long conversations with the charter captain after the was over and it was cut in half and expressed my dissatisfaction in a mature respectful way. My boys week was made when they caught that young lemon shark. I promised the captain I would not leave any negative reviews on any social media platforms after he gave a third of our cost back. Was still a great experience for the boys. But as the adult and the paying customer i was very disappointed.

Last edited:

JARHEAD

Behind you
Glad your boys had fun and I'm sure they'll always remember it but sux your charter captain was disappointing. It's a roll of the dice. I've been on good ones and bad ones as well.

Reactions: Bigcountry40

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
View attachment 197813View attachment 197814The boys and I did our inshore charter today and I was less than satisfied with the trip and was refunded some of our money. I
Had a several long conversations with the charter captain after it was cut in half and expressed my dissatisfaction in a mature respectful way. My boys week was made when they caught that young lemon shark. I promised the captain I would not leave any negative reviews on any social media platforms after he gave a third of our cost back. Was still a great experience for the boys. But as the adult and the paying customer i was very disappointed.
They let you be an adult?

Reactions: Bigcountry40

Bigcountry40

What was the issues with being dissatisfied?
Probably shouldn’t have went out to begin with, high winds and storms in early afternoon (which I asked about before hand). It was a 3 foot chop and i basically acted as captain once we got out there, baiting my boys hooks and the charter boat captains ( I netted a fish for the boat captain). His gear wasn’t set up for reds, we had to readjust all the drags - we broke off about 8 fish (captain broke off 2 himself). I don’t think we would have had enough bait as we almost ran out by 11 and then rain came in, we were back by 1130, fished for about 2 half hours and he charged full price. He was just unorganized and a mess, but a nice laid back southern dude. I never landed a fish because I was worried about taking care of my boys, netting the Captains fish and untangling messes he was partially responsible for. I’ve worked as a hand in charters on Lake Erie on occasion when I was younger so I have an idea

Bigcountry40

What was the issues with being dissatisfied?
Also his net was the size of the guppie nets used at Walmart in the fish tank section, I own 5 nets thought about donating one of mine to him. Seriously when I was netting his fish (which is a learned skill on a boat, you know) I was thinking the red might not fit. 😂