Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Biggest doe you have shot?

epe

Lancaster
Twice this year, one being Monday, I saw the biggest doe I have ever seen before, without being able to get a shot. She looks huge compared to the other mature does. What is the biggest you have gotten?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Bowhunter57

Allen County
I shot this big girl, last fall and she was 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old, but I didn't get a weight on her. She's my biggest doe, to this day. I'm estimating around 170 to 180 lbs. While dragging her out, I had to stop several times, but that could be old age too...mine, not hers. :smiley_crocodile:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I shot one that dressed at 150 a few years ago, but the pictures I have are really shitty and you can't really tell. I have my eyes on two does right now that I think are 200+ pounders on hoof. Hopefully one of them steps in front of Tracie this weekend so we can find out...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I am guessing this doe was at least 3.5 to 4 yrs old. she had no Teeth and her body was huge. Def. the Lead Doe in this pack. I know there is an older doe than her running around that has the neck of a giraffe. If you see the dominant buck, she is with him..She can pick you out from pretty far away too...She has burnt me many a times. This doe I shot on a stalk and was one of my favorite hunts to date...Sorry for the crappy pics..

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Best ever at 150 dressed...

I had a good stretch in 2009 TOO as I started with a late season doe kill in January that dressed at 130...

Then continured the good luck in 2009 with a dressed 140 doe in October...

And a dressed 135 doe in November...

Last edited:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Dang jesse the head on that first one is rediculous
That is the first and only deer I have ever killed on video. That is the doe kill that was stolen and used on a DVD at the Expo this year without my permission or the guy who videod it. Then when confronted about it, I was treated like shit and patronized with an offer to knock $5 of the video. I'm still pissed about that whole situation...

This is just me videoing the video, so it sucks. But listen to the "CRACK" when I stick her...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've never shot one. I know that sounds crazy, but my first deer was a button buck and I was so jacked off I swore to never shoot another antlerless deer. As a result I've become a bone hunter. I realize doe need to be shoot and I'm glad you guys and others do it. It is just something I've decided not to do. Strange, I know.

rrr

Those are some real good looking does!

The last doe I shot (hey the last deer I shot too!) was a doe which at the time I thought was huge. Upon reviewing the pictures, eh maybe not so much :D Mature though :D

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That was pretty sweet Jesse!! Gotta love gettin' that close.

Here's a couple pics... not sure on the weight, but they were some big does.

Last weekend of 2008 - 2009 bow season...

Second weekend of 2008 - 2009 bow season...