Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BigSlams yote trapping

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks Brian, good luck to you also. I need to order another dozen snares, do you use the cam lock? That's what I've been using since I started, but I do have a couple washer locks also.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1451409182221.jpguploadfromtaptalk1451409197222.jpg

Went out to the tannery today and picked my fur up. The wife wants to make a pillow out of the beav, and I plan on giving one of the coon to my nephew as a birthday present. I strung the yote up with my other 2 and they are hanging in the bedroom.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gotcha,i sold the one i just caught to a guy that wants one mounted.
Prices 15 to 20 for nice ones.
I got 50 for it which i thought was fair since i put the time and effort into catching it.
It paid for the snares i bought this year.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm not having much luck on the yotes this year. I really wish we had some fuggin snow. The guy that traps the neighboring farm caught 8 yotes in foot holds so maybe that's why I've only caught one. He didn't trap it last year and I snared 5. I did hear the bastards howling Sunday night as I was getting out of my stand so there's still more out there. I put in a dirt hole set today so we'll see how that goes. I'd like to get a couple more foot holds and put more of those in.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sucks you aren't getting them. Good to hear they are being removed. Not going to hurt you either way. Just takes some fun out of the snaring for you.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Sucks you aren't getting them. Good to hear they are being removed. Not going to hurt you either way. Just takes some fun out of the snaring for you.
I'm just glad they are getting caught, even if I'm not the one catching them. I'm only trapping an acre section of the woods, he was trapping the whole 250 acre farm next door lol

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I hope you can get them if they are there Chad! If I have time in February, I hope to catch a few this year again. It does make a noticeable difference with fawns.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I hope you can get them if they are there Chad! If I have time in February, I hope to catch a few this year again. It does make a noticeable difference with fawns.
I hope so to. I've only been hunting this area for 3 years and it seems like alot of the fawns make it. I did find a small doe last year that got killed by a yote, wasn't a pretty sight. There was snow on the ground and blood everywhere. I plan on asking the neighboring landowner if I can set a couple leg holds on his property. I can't set any traps on the big farm because the landowners ankle biters run loose, fuggin bastards.