Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Blackstone/Griddles

We are now in the world of griddles thanks to my daughter’s boyfriend from Christmas. Can’t freaking believe he did it, 4 burner Blackstone!

It was put on back order last minute before Christmas but finally came in. My wife and I put it together yesterday and today I seasoned it and cooked smash burgers with bacon and grilled onions. Absolutely the best burger I’ve made at home hands down.

So now that I’ve been thrust into the world of cooking on a griddle I’m having to learn quickly how to do things. Hopefully you all can share the do’s and don’ts of cooking on one and maybe even your recommendations and recipes/foods you enjoy making. Two people come to mind right away @Dannmann801 and @Outdoorsfellar teach me your ways!!

1674432839276.jpeg

1674432868191.jpeg

1674432895984.jpeg

Of course I was in a scramble cooking everything and forgot to take a cookingpic til I got inside.

1674433008572.jpeg

Also had bacon wrapped asparagus on the pellet grill! 🤣

I want a griddle something fierce. Seems like something I'd use more than my pellet grill. Congrats on the new toy, Chuck!
It was something on my "some day" list that I really didn't think much about. Now after going down the rabbit hole of possibilities for things to cook man am I looking forward to trying things with it. There seem to be more videos and recipes out there for this than smoking meats LMAO!

Reactions: Sgt Fury and 5Cent
Question for all you griddle users, what oil do you use on your grill for after cleaning?? What oils are you using for cooking in??

I've been using canola oil for both seasoning after and I don't really care for the taste it is leaving if I cook something in it. I've used some olive oil but I see the smoke point is kinda low on that, maybe I just need to use it and cook lower temps?? Give me some recommendations on how to get the most out of this please??

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Question for all you griddle users, what oil do you use on your grill for after cleaning?? What oils are you using for cooking in??

I've been using canola oil for both seasoning after and I don't really care for the taste it is leaving if I cook something in it. I've used some olive oil but I see the smoke point is kinda low on that, maybe I just need to use it and cook lower temps?? Give me some recommendations on how to get the most out of this please??
There are other high temp oils like sunflower, flaxseed, avacado, etc that have almost no flavor but they aren't cheap, i dunno how much you're using.

Reactions: Big_Holla