Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bolts are bad for your tires

epe

Lancaster
Bad drive to work yesterday.

sent from my HTC evo

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man, that stinks!
Those T/A's are a good tire.
Do you have road hazard coverage?

Most places will not warranty those T/As as they say they are also an off road tire. I have a set on my truck and love them. Good traction and they wear like iron.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Most places will not warranty those T/As as they say they are also an off road tire. I have a set on my truck and love them. Good traction and they wear like iron.

That was key for where I got mine...wanted a warranty. Think I paid $100 for it, but that beats a new tire.

By the way, that sucks epe!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I feel your pain.
Have felt that pain...many times. Mostly when I'd declined road-hazard.
Friggin Murphy and his law.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Did the bolt go through the sidewall???? If not go buy a plug kit and plug it.... It'll be good as new.... Takes about 5 minutes to do and save yourself the cash.... I always have a kit in the truck just in case this happens....

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Love those rims! And the tires. I have A/T's on both Jeeps and the Envoy. The T/A's are sweet, but over kill for what I need. The A/T's are a nice compromise...

rrr

Ouch!

Better than Amish buggy nails or whatever the hell they have. My brother popped 2 tires within a week. Same friggin one

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice tires! I bet it looked a lot better with air in it. You are not alone. Try running some parking lot sweeper trucks. They pick up everything. Difference is it is at slow speed and they don't sling it out of the tread like they would if you were driving road speeds. Just grind it in until you have a flat. Tire companies love me!

epe

Lancaster
This happened Thursday morning on 33 heading towards Columbus. Plugged it, aired up and on I went. I actually bought these used, for winter tires, same as rims.$400 in all.265/75/16's

sent from my HTC evo