Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boogity boogity boogity

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Why wouldn't we? It always comes out in the end, and in my mind, is in the end, it worked. The driver is not only alive, but sounds like he is pretty healthy considering he struck a wall at 200mph, then got hit again by another car going 200mph, while falling out of the sky like Ricky Bobby.

They have to understand the failure mode to continue to implement new designs and materials to improve safety. This is a testiment of that work since 19yrs ago, they should be proud!

This is NASCAR, not NHTSA.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
50 pages in and my first comment on this generally boring topic. But... since he is the dad of two girls and drives for family, I should also express my happiness for him being alright considering the crash he had. And to Adam's point, from a safety standpoint, that was a great display of some mighty fine engineering.

Reactions: giles

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Alright, back to racing. I'm thinking this is Blaney's break thru year! J called it a few years back and he's become a force to rekon with. I looked forward to keeping him in my fantasy league stable this year alongside Hamlin. Hated to lose Harvick, but luck of the draw/draft had him snatched up before my turn to pick.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
370A86D9-D66E-469D-887F-11BC8907AEA6.jpeg